Seasons Greetings

So Russians and Ukrainian have the same tradition of writing something (wishes probably) and then put the paper on fire, put in the glass and drink it 

Here normally (for some people , because i don't like it) it's to eat 12 raisins, normally 1 by 1 asking the 12 wishes. there is also the tradition of wear new blue underwear, but with the modern times now there are more colours with new "targets"  😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

So Russians and Ukrainian have the same tradition of writing something (wishes probably) and then put the paper on fire, put in the glass and drink it 

Here normally (for some people , because i don't like it) it's to eat 12 raisins, normally 1 by 1 asking the 12 wishes. there is also the tradition of wear new blue underwear, but with the modern times now there are more colours with new "targets"  😁

Of course Russians and Ukrainians share same traditions. They are basically one people who share the same culture and traditions. The people are mainly not responsible for the political shit going on there ...

We tried this with the raisins few year ago. But we used grapes instead of raisins. A friend of mine nearly choked to death at the 8th one 🤪  Myself managed it but it is hard to eat a grape with every chime of the bell 😉

Here in Germany it is tradition you use some lead put it on a spoon and melt it over a candle. You then poor the liquid lead into a glass of water to cool it and make it solid again. The "thing" which is created by this can then be interpreted as what will happen to the person during the year...

• Like 2

Just now, jabbath1987 said:

Of course Russians and Ukrainians share same traditions. They are basically one people who share the same culture and traditions. The people are mainly not responsible for the political shit going on there ...

We tried this with the raisins few year ago. A friend of mine nearly choked to death at the 8th one 🤪  Myself managed it but it is hard to eat a raisin with every chime of the bell 😉

Here in Germany it is tradition you use some lead put it on a spoon and melt it over a candle. You then poor the liquid lead into a glass of water to cool it and make it solid again. The "thing" which is created by this can then be interpreted as what will happen to the person during the year...

Yes i know, but they could had (in this independence times) adopt new traditions (seems it's like the raisins are here because only few houses did it)

About raisins I know people that eat them after the 12:00, few moments after when the things are more calm and we already had the group toast and are watching the fireworks 😁 When i tried to eat them.. i thought why eat one by one ??? put the 12 in mouth and drink champagne and then the wishes 😁

• Like 2