Voyeur-House.TV (2019) Part #1

image.thumb.png.28ce60307d2aa6903ddca7642f50eca8.png

If it's necessary to lock each main topic and then start a new one once a year for maintenance reasons or otherwise, would it not be better to leave a month or so of comments in the newly created topics in order to allow current conversations to keep flowing? This would would mean that the 2019 topics of each house would be created on 1/1/2019 but would already contain all the December 2018 posts. 

Right now one can't even reply to things said yesterday without it looking out of context (let alone not having the ability to quote the comment one wishes to reply to). It's a shame to stop multiple conversations on their track just for technical reasons, isn't it? @StnCld316

6 hours ago, WatcherCC said:

image.thumb.png.28ce60307d2aa6903ddca7642f50eca8.png

If it's necessary to lock each main topic and then start a new one once a year for maintenance reasons or otherwise, would it not be better to leave a month or so of comments in the newly created topics in order to allow current conversations to keep flowing? This would would mean that the 2019 topics of each house would be created on 1/1/2019 but would already contain all the December 2018 posts. 

Right now one can't even reply to things said yesterday without it looking out of context (let alone not having the ability to quote the comment one wishes to reply to). It's a shame to stop multiple conversations on their track just for technical reasons, isn't it? @StnCld316

I unlocked it foor a couple of days  then if nayone whishes to Quote just click the (+) on the left f the Quote and then place it in this Topic.

26 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I unlocked it foor a couple of days  then if nayone whishes to Quote just click the (+) on the left f the Quote and then place it in this Topic.

Now that you explained how to quote I understand how it's done, thanks, although this is probably not very intuitive for a casual user.

I think the main problem is cutting the continuity and flow of ongoing conversations. There are people that are invested in some of the ongoing discussions and for a topic to come to a sudden end is frustrating. New people who want to catch up on what's been going on in the past few days will also find it challenging.  Most viewers are not going to look for the original topic link - if they can't scroll up or navigate to it easily from the current topic then it's as if it doesn't exist to them.

Would it not be better next time to add some of the previous posts to the new topic in order to improve the transition?

Another option might be to add a link at the top of each new topic to the last page of the topic it came to replace.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WatcherCC said:

Now that you explained how to quote I understand how it's done, thanks, although this is probably not very intuitive for a casual user.

I think the main problem is cutting the continuity and flow of ongoing conversations. There are people that are invested in some of the ongoing discussions and for a topic to come to a sudden end is frustrating. New people who want to catch up on what's been going on in the past few days will also find it challenging.  Most viewers are not going to look for the original topic link - if they can't scroll up or navigate to it easily from the current topic then it's as if it doesn't exist to them.

Would it not be better next time to add some of the previous posts to the new topic in order to improve the transition?

Another option might be to add a link at the top of each new topic to the last page of the topic it came to replace.

Something to work on for next year. 

I'll have 365 Days to figure it out.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/1/2019 at 2:17 PM, WatcherCC said:

Using the "+" to quote is called multi-quoting and you can use it to do
a variety of things, such as,

1. To quote multiple posts at once, either in the current topic, or
  2. To copy one or more posts to a completely different topic and
    reply to them there, although you can't multi-quote a post into
    a PM, or
  3. Say you're several pages behind in reading the new posts in a
    topic and you find a question you want to reply to, but not until
    you've read all the new posts, in case someone has already
    answered the question. You can click the "+" to carry that post
    forward to the end of the topic and reply or not after you've
    read all the newer posts. That way, you don't have to go back
    and search for it later.

A caveat: Whenever you click on a "+", it stays in "focus", so if you hit
the spacebar to scroll or the Enter key, for example, the multi-quote
box in the bottom right corner will disappear or be decreased by one
if you've already clicked more than one "+", although you can get it
right back again by hitting the spacebar or Enter key again before you
click someplace else. For this reason, always click on a neutral area
in the topic after you click a "+" to make it lose "focus".

Also, after a topic is locked, as Stone said, you won't be able to quote
any posts from that topic, but you can copy and paste any post you
want into an active topic and reply to it there (see example 1 below).

There is a catch to this method, however. It won't notify the user that
you've quoted his post from a locked topic, so you'll need to mention
his username in the reply, such as @WatcherCC, so he gets a
notification that you quoted his post.

On the other hand, if you copy and paste from a locked topic, such as
in the second example below, it may notify any user whose username
is already in the copied text. I'm not sure about this one. You can give
a try and see what happens.

I hope this is helpful.

Example 1

I didn't realize you opened the "Voyeur-House.TV (2019) Part #1" topic. Once I noticed this I moved the question above to the topic you started so this topic ("Voyeur-House.TV - Part 4") can now be erased. Thanks.

Example 2

On 1/1/2019 at 6:18 AM, WatcherCC said:

image.thumb.png.28ce60307d2aa6903ddca7642f50eca8.png  0  0

@StnCld316 If it's necessary to lock each main topic and then start a new one once a year for maintenance reasons or otherwise, would it not be better to leave a month or so of comments in the newly created topics in order to allow current conversations to keep flowing? This would would mean that the 2019 topics of each house would be created on 1/1/2019 but would already contain all the December 2018 posts. 

Right now one can't even reply to things said yesterday without it looking out of context (let alone not having the ability to quote the comment you wish to reply to). It's a shame to stop multiple conversations on their track just for technical reasons, isn't it?

It's easy to reply to a comment in a Locked Topic. There's a (+) to the left of where the Quote Button was. Clicking the (+) will carry the Quote. When you get to the New Topic in the Bottom Right Corner of the Screen will show there is a Quote.  Place the Curser in the comment box then click the Notification in the Bottom Right Corner and the Quote from the Locked Topic will appear in the Comment Box then just leave your response Under the Quote placed.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Just logged on to CC and had 13 notifications, 11 from RLC and 2 from VH. Seem to be getting many more from RLC lately than VH 🤔

Many many weeks/months ago that RLC is way more active at CC then VH, especially RLC having 25 apartments against the 40-42 of VH