Voyeur-House.TV - Part 4

image.thumb.png.28ce60307d2aa6903ddca7642f50eca8.png

@StnCld316 If it's necessary to lock each main topic and then start a new one once a year for maintenance reasons or otherwise, would it not be better to leave a month or so of comments in the newly created topics in order to allow current conversations to keep flowing? This would would mean that the 2019 topics of each house would be created on 1/1/2019 but would already contain all the December 2018 posts. 

Right now one can't even reply to things said yesterday without it looking out of context (let alone not having the ability to quote the comment you wish to reply to). It's a shame to stop multiple conversations on their track just for technical reasons, isn't it?

6 hours ago, WatcherCC said:

image.thumb.png.28ce60307d2aa6903ddca7642f50eca8.png  0

@StnCld316 If it's necessary to lock each main topic and then start a new one once a year for maintenance reasons or otherwise, would it not be better to leave a month or so of comments in the newly created topics in order to allow current conversations to keep flowing? This would would mean that the 2019 topics of each house would be created on 1/1/2019 but would already contain all the December 2018 posts. 

Right now one can't even reply to things said yesterday without it looking out of context (let alone not having the ability to quote the comment you wish to reply to). It's a shame to stop multiple conversations on their track just for technical reasons, isn't it?

It's easy to reply to a comment in a Locked Topic. There's a (+) to the left of where the Quote Button was. Clicking the (+) will carry the Quote. When you get to the New Topic in the Bottom Right Corner of the Screen will show there is a Quote.  Place the Curser in the comment box then click the Notification in the Bottom Right Corner and the Quote from the Locked Topic will appear in the Comment Box then just leave your response Under the Quote placed.

• StnCld316 locked and unlocked this topic

I'll retract my last post.  It seems the (+) is not available to Members and Premium Members after a Topic is Locked.  It's available to myself and Mods on a Locked Topic as we are usually the ones doing the Editing of the Boards after a Topic is locked if necessary.

I'll leave this Topic Open for a couple of days then if anyone wishes to Quote just click the (+) on the left of the Quote and place it in the new Topic I have described in the Procedure above.

56 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

It's easy to reply to a comment in a Locked Topic. There's a (+) to the left of where the Quote Button was. Clicking the (+) will carry the Quote. When you get to the New Topic in the Bottom Right Corner of the Screen will show there is a Quote.  Place the Curser in the comment box then click the Notification in the Bottom Right Corner and the Quote from the Locked Topic will appear in the Comment Box then just leave your response Under the Quote placed.

50 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I'll retract my last post.  It seems the (+) is not available to Members and Premium Members after a Topic is Locked.  It's available to myself and Mods on a Locked Topic as we are usually the ones doing the Editing of the Boards after a Topic is locked if necessary.

I'll leave this Topic Open for a couple of days then if anyone wishes to Quote just click the (+) on the left of the Quote and place it in the new Topic I have described in the Procedure above.

Now that you explained how to quote I understand how it's done, thanks, although this is probably not very intuitive for a casual user.

I think the main problem is cutting the continuity and flow of ongoing conversations. There are people that are invested in some of the ongoing discussions and for a topic to come to a sudden end is frustrating. New people who want to catch up on what's been going on in the past few days will also find it challenging.  Most viewers are not going to look for the original topic link - if they can't scroll up or navigate to it easily from the current topic then it's as if it doesn't exist to them.

Would it not be better next time to add some of the previous posts to the new topic in order to improve the transition?

Another option might be to add a link at the top of each new topic to the last page of the topic it came to replace.