Connections to Reallifecam (RLC)

All I get is a Black Screen but I have 3 White Dots in the Center of the Screen?   

RLC Scripting has to clear before the Screen Appears.  Some may get a Screen Instantly to view and others can take anywhere from 10 Seconds to a Full Minute or more depending on how well your Computer or Device Performs.  Usually clearing your Cache, Cookies and Temp Files then Restart your Computer or Device usually remedies the issue.

All I get is a Black Screen but No White Dots on the Screen?

Chances are you are trying to Connect to RLC by use of a Virtual Private Network (VPN).  RLC has a lot of the VPN Addresses Blocked so you have to Venture in with the Original IP Address given by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Only thing is if your are from an area where these Cams are Broadcasted from you may have difficulty connecting to RLC as most IP Addresses from certain areas within a certain Square Mile Radius of the Apartments Location could possibly be blocked from Accessing the RLC Network. If you are from the Area close by and can Connect then you're one of the lucky ones.

I get a Screen Image Showing but the Image is Blurry with No Movement?

This means that RLC has Blacklisted your IP Address.  You have Uploaded an Image or Video that has Watermarking's that Identify you to RLC. Even Cropping the ID out of the Image the ID still shows through Blinking Braille Watermarking's that Contains the ID within it. Also there are Hidden Watermarking's as well that can't be seen and a Scraping Software that RLC uses picks up the ID Code. Once they have the Code that was Scraped your IP Address will get Blacklisted. If you have No RLC Acount then you have nothing to Lose but a Blacklisted IP Address.  If you have a RLC Account they will Ban Your Account and Steal Your Money for Violating their Terms of Service Agreement.

How do I Workaround a Blacklisted IP Address?

Most Users in this Day and Age have High Speed Internet Connections which are usually Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) or Digital Subscriber Line (DSL). These Type of Connections use a Dynamic IP Address. If your IP Address gets Blacklisted. All that's needed to do is Shut Down your Computer or Device if you have a Router Connected to a Modem you must Press the Reset Button then shut the Power to the Router Off for about 5 Minutes also your Modem will have to be Shut Down with No Power for about 5 Minutes. This will give your ISP a Chance to Cycle your IP Address off onto another user on their Networks. After 5 Minutes have passed Restart your Modem and Router. You will need to Reconfigure your Router since pressing the Reset Button Resets it back to Factory Default. If you just use the Modem Directly to Connect then just Power it off for about 5 Minutes then Power it Back On. This usually changes the IP Address.

If you have a Cable Connection then your IP Address is Likely a Static IP Address which means the IP Address you have been assigned Stays the Same and will not Change unless your ISP changes it. If you only use a Modem Direct Connection then you'll have to Contact your ISP and request to have your IP Address Changed. Most Cable Providers will Accommodate a Change for a Customer providing you don't Request a Change on a Constant Basis. There is a Workaround by using a Program called TMAC but this should only be used by Experienced Users as making a Mistake and you'll lose your Internet Connection from any Access.  Experienced users can Download TMAC from  https://technitium.com/tmac/ This will change your Mac Address to your Modem which will obtain a Different IP Address than what your ISP has you Assigned.

If you connect through Cable but are using a Router then go into your Routers Settings to where your Connection Settings are. Most Routers have 3 Choices. The First Choice will usually be a Default Connection Setting for Mac Address.  Move the Choice to the Next Available Setting to use. This will change your Routers Mac Address which will produce a different IP Address. Using the Third Choice you have to Enter a Mac Address in Manually.  When doing this all you do is Copy the Default Mac Address and change the First Two Digits to 02.  Example:  A Mac Address will look like    00-15-E9-2B-99-3C  so you would change the First Two from 00 to 02 This will also obtain a different IP Address.

If you can't be bothered because it's to difficult then Routers are Cheap to Buy and you can get a Good Dual Band Router for between $30 to $50 depending and the Brand you Purchase. Usually an AC1200 or a AC1350 will serve the Purpose for most users.  There are better Routers out on the Market but you'll get into a Cost of $100 or more. When Changing Routers push the Reset Button on the Old Router this will set it to Factory Defaults.  Do not Throw it away.  After the Router has been placed out of use for 3 or 4 Days you can plug it back in and the IP Address will be different. The Newer Router will have a different IP Address so keep using it until you get blocked and then just keep switching Routers.  I have 3 Routers and I am always Interchanging them around on a Weekly Basis.  

If anyone else has any Suggestions Please Feel Free to Post them in this Topic Below.     Thanks.

• Like 7

• StnCld316 featured this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, i'm a standard member and i want to suscribe premium. I cancelled my standard membership. Then, i try to have premium but this link https://join.reallifecam.com/signup/signup.php?step=signup&nats=MC4wLjEuMS4wLjAuMC4wLjA&switched=1&strack=0& doesn't work.

Can u help me?

I have to say that since many months, rlc think that i have a proxy...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fillou said:

Hi, i'm a standard member and i want to suscribe premium. I cancelled my standard membership. Then, i try to have premium but this link https://join.reallifecam.com/signup/signup.php?step=signup&nats=MC4wLjEuMS4wLjAuMC4wLjA&switched=1&strack=0& doesn't work.

Can u help me?

I have to say that since many months, rlc think that i have a proxy...

It's OK. It works. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
2 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

StnCld,  any updates for the new version install??

There was a Beta Version of it released June 23rd. If a Beta Version is released then the Release Candidate (RC) can't be very far behind.

Beta Versions are just to fix any bugs that may appear. That way they are ironed out before the actual RC Version is released.   We are hoping to see the RC soon. Admin and myself keep an eye on the Developers website.

• Thanks 1

Just now, StnCld316 said:

There was a Beta Version of it released June 23rd. If a Beta Version is released then the Release Candidate (RC) can't be very far behind.

Beta Versions are just to fix any bugs that may appear. That way they are ironed out before the actual RC Version is released.   We are hoping to see the RC soon. Admin and myself keep an eye on the Developers website.

Thank you for the update sir.....you and Admin keep up the good work!!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any word when RLC will update their format since java will become obsolete in the very near future. Right now I can only watch RLC on my laptop. Up until recently I downloaded Flash apps for iOS, for my iPad, but they all stopped working about a couple months ago, which was a bit frustrating. Strangely enough, about 5 days ago all my iOS devices were able to view the RLC rooms with no special software. Then they stopped working and once again asking for ‘Adobe Flash’ to be installed in order to view them. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.