Connections to Reallifecam (RLC)

40 minutes ago, NewYorkJoe said:

Any word when RLC will update their format since java will become obsolete in the very near future. Right now I can only watch RLC on my laptop. Up until recently I downloaded Flash apps for iOS, for my iPad, but they all stopped working about a couple months ago, which was a bit frustrating. Strangely enough, about 5 days ago all my iOS devices were able to view the RLC rooms with no special software. Then they stopped working and once again asking for ‘Adobe Flash’ to be installed in order to view them. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know RLC was working on their site to get it to run without the use of Flash Player but they apparently ran into some issues and had to resort back to Flash for the present time.

Flash Player will no longer offer Support.  Flash Players End of Life (EOL) is December 31,2020.

Java will be eliminated at some point in time but no definitive date has been set. Google still has 9 Years left on their Contract with Oracle the makers of Java Runtime Environment (JRE). I would imagine it will be some time further down the road. Browsers that are used today such as Chrome Based Browsers and Mozilla Based Browsers will operate without even having Java installed. The only place where Java still may be required if anyone still uses Internet Explorer 11. Since Internet Explorer is a Trident Based Browser it still requires some of the older applications to keep it running though no further Support or Updates can be made. Since most Software Developers are going forward with advancements and eliminating Internet Explorer from their developments, Microsoft will likely be dropping any Support for Internet Explorer very soon and End its Life.

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Benny19 said:

I use Google . RLC replay that works

If your using an android device you might try using puffin browser,  for awhile it was the only browser I could get to work with RLC but they've made some changes and chrome works too now but its buggy.

PLAY.GOOGLE.COM

Puffin Web Browser is a wicked fast mobile browser. Once users experience the thrilling speed of Puffin, regular Mobile Internet feels like torture. Puffin Web Browser includes Adobe-Flash-Over-Cloud 24/7...

• 2 months later...
Guest Slipper Guyquad
36 minutes ago, fred1122 said:

Hey, is anyone else having issues with RLC Replay? It's been insanely choppy for me for the last few days and I still don't have a reply from RLC support.

YES! Last three days it has been like this, like frames are dropping out all the time. Tried two different laptops, two different browsers. Almost as if watching it on a bad processor.

13 hours ago, Slipper Guyquad said:

YES! Last three days it has been like this, like frames are dropping out all the time. Tried two different laptops, two different browsers. Almost as if watching it on a bad processor.

It's really weird. Live cams are totally fine. I've ran multiple speed tests, I'm getting 148Mbps down with 9ms ping. I've cleared my cache. My processor is old but I have had no other issues with it, it's a i7-4770k. It started a few days ago as just a couple of cams, I think it was Eliska & Pepik that was just the laggy one, but now it's all the replay cams.

Guest Slipper Guyquad
1 minute ago, fred1122 said:

It's really weird. Live cams are totally fine. I've ran multiple speed tests, I'm getting 148Mbps down with 9ms ping. I've cleared my cache. My processor is old but I have had no other issues with it, it's a i7-4770k. It started a few days ago as just a couple of cams, I think it was Eliska & Pepik that was just the laggy one, but now it's all the replay cams.

Same here. All cleared, checked for updates, even changed Ram. Still the same. A while ago, about 4 months, replay looked terrible compared to Live. The picture was darker, and also grainer. I thought it was being done on purpose, to try and put people off recording, but then it went back to looking ok. I wouldn't put it past them to try something else to mess around. Not saying that IS what's happening, but there is a problem.

22 minutes ago, Slipper Guyquad said:

Same here. All cleared, checked for updates, even changed Ram. Still the same. A while ago, about 4 months, replay looked terrible compared to Live. The picture was darker, and also grainer. I thought it was being done on purpose, to try and put people off recording, but then it went back to looking ok. I wouldn't put it past them to try something else to mess around. Not saying that IS what's happening, but there is a problem.

At least I'm not the only having this problem. I got a reply from RLC support, they asked me to do the same things I did before even sending the email. 

• Like 1

Guest Slipper Guyquad
1 minute ago, fred1122 said:

At least I'm not the only having this problem. I got a reply from RLC support, they asked me to do the same things I did before even sending the email. 

That doesn't surprise me! Amazed you even got a reply to be honest.

1 hour ago, Slipper Guyquad said:

That doesn't surprise me! Amazed you even got a reply to be honest.

What's strange is that I was not having this issue on Jan. 21 but now if I got back in Replay, I have the issue. I've this issue in the past, but it's been local to one cam for an hour or so then it fixed itself.

• Like 1