Has anybody here switch their system to an SSD? It does entail pretty much rebuilding a the whole system and reinstalling a mess of apps, and otherwise looks like a multi-day project.

I intend to do a full clean install of Win10 on it, and use it only for the system and a few large important apps and data folders. Everything else will reside on the old C drive and the much bigger D drive, including the User folders.

So far, it's looking like a bit of a dangerous hassle if a step is missed in the procedure. If you've done so, please tell us of your experiences and what sites you found have the best technical instructions.

27 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Has anybody here switch their system to an SSD? It does entail pretty much rebuilding a the whole system and reinstalling a mess of apps, and otherwise looks like a multi-day project.

I intend to do a full clean install of Win10 on it, and use it only for the system and a few large important apps and data folders. Everything else will reside on the old C drive and the much bigger D drive, including the User folders.

So far, it's looking like a bit of a dangerous hassle if a step is missed in the procedure. If you've done so, please tell us of your experiences and what sites you found have the best technical instructions.

Like any other Hard Drive you have to do a Clean Install of the O/S and install your Drivers & Apps.

The SATA Drives take 3 to 4 Minutes to Boot the System up.  An SSD Drive the System is Booted up and ready to go in about 35 to 45 Seconds.  They operate more efficiently with less Browser Issues.

I bought a 120GB SSD for my Main Drive and only paid $30 for the thing.  Best Investment I have ever made for a Computer Drive.  Now I'll work on changing my Storage Drives over the Summer Months to SSD as well.   Get rid of the old SATA Drives once and for all.

Killing A Hard Drive.gif

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2019 at 8:53 PM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Yeah I switched my few years old laptop onto an ssd some months ago and as Stn has said best thing I have ever done. Simply imaged my old drive and put it onto the ssd as simple as that. Changed the drive over and was up and running straight away. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1