Apartment noise

Guest Squirrel

Guest Squirrel

What is that power tool grinding noise outside of L&P's apartment? I know they get plenty of traffic noise, but once again someone outside is making a VERY loud construction noise. And, unless my ears deceive me, I can hear the same thing (at a lower volume) at Maya and Stepan's apartment.

This, as we know, makes sense, as the L&P apartment's previous tenants were Lina & Mark,  both friends of Maya & Stepan. Same apartment complex, or at least the same neighbourhood. 

So my question is: what the hell is that buzzing grinding noise?

Would you wish to live with that even if your rent was free?

It may be simple road construction or some other type of work.

Like I used to tell the old people that would bring their cars in with noises that you never heard. Turn the radio up. Most of them just wanted to get out of the house, so they would bug the local mechanic with nonsensical thing.

Worm drive model? I have one of those, it weighs a ton.

Maybe it's a pump running. I haven't listened yet. If/when I do scan the apts, it's with the volume off. Most of them listen to intolerable noise on the radio.

Guest Squirrel

Yeah, you did. The Rodent was to lazy to look for it. So, like everyone else, he just made his own thread. -1 Rodent.

Listen, buddy, there are only so many hours in the day.

Now would you rather spend your time looking up an ancient post, or handing out -1s?

I think you'd agree that we must utilize our time effectively. -1 for you, big guy.  :P

Guest Squirrel

This was not a phone ringing. It was a full on jack-hammer volume buzz saw/metal cutter. If you were in that apartment you wouldn't have been able to function let alone hear yourself scream.

This apartment complex is in a loud, traffic-ridden section of town so it's normally noisy, but this was ear-splitting brutal.