Reaction Buttons (New Addition)

StnCld316

• StnCld316 changed the title to Reaction Buttons (New Addition)
5 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

The Standard Like and Upvote not very many Members use it.  We thought by adding a little more to the Reaction Buttons will increase the usage of the Reaction Buttons.  

About bloody time too I have mentioned it often enough but like everything else the powers that be do things when they want too and not the subscribers. Whilst having a rant can you please explain how the upvote option differs from the like option. Others say it's the same thing so if it is why the fuck have the upvote option. If you have a like option surely it makes sense to have a dislike option. Then I suppose that's to difficult for the powers that be to understand????

We used to have a down or dislike option, but it got so abused that Admin had to take it away. As was just explained to me, people would troll all of the threads for posts of people that they didn't like and bang all of the posts with down votes. Then they would use alter ego personas to do the same thing. The result was, the thin skinned got their knickers in a knot and cried to Admin. He got tired of the crying and whining and simply disabled it.

When the board first took off getting a down vote built up you credibility on the boards. Getting a down vote meant that you could get under someone's skin with simple words. Foamy and I were running neck and neck for the longest time. We took it all in good fun. Then the 'offended' crowd joined the forum. It hasn't been the same since.  

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

About bloody time too I have mentioned it often enough but like everything else the powers that be do things when they want too and not the subscribers. Whilst having a rant can you please explain how the upvote option differs from the like option. Others say it's the same thing so if it is why the fuck have the upvote option. If you have a like option surely it makes sense to have a dislike option. Then I suppose that's to difficult for the powers that be to understand????

All the Buttons will move the Reputation up by one.  The only one that will lower the number is the Down Vote Button. That will be watched closely to make sure it doesn't get abused.

4 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

All the Buttons will move the Reputation up by one.  The only one that will lower the number is the Down Vote Button. That will be watched closely to make sure it doesn't get abused.

So that it is not abused, you might explain what exactly it should not be used for or what it should be used for and what you will be watching that could be deemed abuse.

3 hours ago, happyone said:

So that it is not abused, you might explain what exactly it should not be used for or what it should be used for and what you will be watching that could be deemed abuse.

Abuse means going through someone's past posts and putting a Downvote to almost every post made.  There will be the odd one here and there in the Open Forum Discussions but that can be expected.

Now take your Numbers for example you have 12,891 Posts and your Reputation is 7,509. If someone went through all your past posts and put a Downvote to all your Posts then your Reputation would suddenly be in the Minus instead of a Plus.

• Thanks 1