Voyeur-House.TV (2019) Part #2

9 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

You think AWS and Azure are for free? 😁

Didn't say they were free, nothing is free in this life but VH don't have any direct control over anything but sub contractors.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Robwin said:

Didn't say they were free, nothing is free in this life but VH don't have any direct control over anything but sub contractors.

They are only offering cloud storage space. VHTV is still in control over everything hosted there. It is just the performance for playing videos will be most likely much better. 

1 minute ago, jabbath1987 said:

They are only offering cloud storage space. VHTV is still in control over everything hosted there. It is just the performance for playing videos will be most likely much better. 

Ah so they are moving the archives are they well let's hope they eventually work better. Always has been a problem for a long time now. Where were they originally then?

Just now, Robwin said:

Ah so they are moving the archives are they well let's hope they eventually work better. Always has been a problem for a long time now. Where were they originally then?

I do not know that. I guess a different hoster... 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Robwin said:

9 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

5 minutes ago, Robwin said:

4 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

I do not know that. I guess a different hoster... 

Outsourcing to subs could be a clever decision. It is #1 most important business acumen skill is to hire the right resource for the job.

One bad software engineering design decision can create ~6 new jobs a year :) ... and that is what I suspect happened in the VH Archive backend software. I smell some cheap 30$/hour contractor from India/Punjab was forced to designed/implement the VH Archive in ~100 hours. That is how we end up with the all those issues in the archive.

IMHO, VH Archive is a treasure, one of the main reason I have the subscription. Every single time I tried to find a good memory, either I failed, or the video doesn't play :(

1 minute ago, zoifan said:

Outsourcing to subs could be a clever decision. It is #1 most important business acumen skill is to hire the right resource for the job.

One bad software engineering design decision can create ~6 new jobs a year 🙂 ... and that is what I suspect happened in the VH Archive backend software. I smell some cheap 30$/hour contractor from India/Punjab was forced to designed/implement the VH Archive in ~100 hours. That is how we end up with the all those issues in the archive.

IMHO, VH Archive is a treasure, one of the main reason I have the subscription. Every single time I tried to find a good memory, either I failed, or the video doesn't play 😞

Yep going for the cheap option isn't always the best route.Quality always wins in the end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1