Nikki, Poppy (2019) Part #1

25 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

To the point indeed. The problem with the "it's just a joke" line is that if you can't explain how the joke is funny to a general audience then indeed the joke was just a homophobic slur on the their perceived grossness of gay sexuality. That is, he's right, it's a joke, but it's a homophobic joke meant for other homophobics to understand and laugh at which comes at the expense of the gay members of this forum. 

People can say, like MaxFactor did and declare that it's just gay whining, but, I don't think that's fair. Gay people have a long history of being shamed for nothing more then the manner of their sex. If nobody said anything and just let things slide then women would still be second class citizens, for example. Some things are worth standing up for and in this place, this was one of them. 

Lastly, the point should be made very clearly that nobody should be made to feel like that can't make fun of things gay people do when they are funny and yes gay people do have to be careful not to cry foul the instant someone makes a joke. It is ok and a good thing for people to laugh at themselves. The issue with this one was that it wasn't funny to a general audience, only to homophobics. 

That was from 2 or 3 days ago.  Let the matter rest and move on. It does not need any further discussion.

2 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

I just was responding to his post. It does go to show that it was indeed offensive to the gay members of this forum. Ok, enough, take care!  ♥️

I realized that. That's why I made the post so it doesn't need to be discussed any further.

• Upvote 1