Time Zones

Guest kevinbsam7

Guest kevinbsam7

From what I've seen the Spanish speakers on GMT +1 seem to be doing things at the time you would expect them to - OK some of them sleep in very late but for the most part it looks like the time rlc says it is.

But I just don't believe the Russians are really at GMT +8. Quite often we see them sitting down to meals at 1 am, staying up till five in the morning and sleeping past 2 in the afternoon. Today one of the women left the flat and came back a short time after with a bag of shopping - at 1.30 am. And I've seen hairdressing clients turning up after midnight!

Add to this the fact that all of them look European and GMT +8 would take them well in Asia (the time zone starts 4000 km east of Moscow) - I reckon they're probably round about GMT +3.

Anyone seen any clocks in that time zone?

I also have a suspicion that we're working on a delay of a couple of weeks. Anyone notice that Lora had not only a new haircut this evening, but also a heart-shaped balloon. Valentine present? Certainly every one of the flats kept their Christmas decorations up well into January.

I'd buy the mismatched time zone in the +8 areas if it weren't for the fact that you can clearly see the sunrise and sunset coincide with the proper times.

Also, as for a week or two delay, if you will remember, Lina had a bedroom full of heart-shaped balloons on Feb 14th. Lora's balloons arrived a few days later, on the day that Max returned from his trip. On top of that, I remember as a child having Christmas decorations up well into January. Taking them down by New Year is more of a recent development here in the states.

They are on GMT+8, the on screen clock is correct, I watched them pop the Champaign and saw the fireworks through the window bang on midnight when they celebrated New Year.

Orthodox Christmas Day in Russia was 7 January the reason the decorations being up so late.

From Wikipedia that area has a 90% Russian ethnic group.

I also think the GMT+8 are correct. If you look at Lina and Mark's livingroom camera you'll see a clock hanging on the wall at the top left side of the image. The time there is the same as in the image.

What do you think about the cities they live? I suppose that time zone +8 indicates a city as Krasnoyarsk.

Guest kevinbsam7

Actually now I've enjoyed watching Alina in the shower I'm pretty sure she is EuroAsian, so south west Siberia could well be right. Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bjlikes2watch

Here a couple pics,,

One with Nora and a drink (bottle)

This Drink is from Spain.

So it closeby in the region.

post-0-145739547622_thumb.jpg