Website Outage Update

Admin

6 minutes ago, dougiestyle4u said:

Getting slow again at times. Sometimes logging in takes forever or not at all. Close it out, wait a while and try again.

I had notified Admin earlier about the issue Cam Caps still has.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, dougiestyle4u said:

Getting dizzy watching the buffering circles go around, around, around, around, around, around,...

loading-waiting.gif

Hopefully when version 5 of the forum software is released it will resolve some of the issues. 

I know the homepage is deprecated so the homepage will no longer appear. That uses a few resources as every time someone comes on the forum the first thing they see is the homepage. After it's gone it will take everyone right to the forum page.  Also there is a Dark Mode theme on the newer version so that will be a nice setting. Most websites now use Dark Mode and when coming from a Dark Mode page and then seeing a bright white page is a bit hard on the eyes. There's a few other features in the works as well but I am not sure what they are until I see the finalization in a post on the Software Developers website.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Hopefully when version 5 of the forum software is released it will resolve some of the issues. 

I know the homepage is deprecated so the homepage will no longer appear. That uses a few resources as every time someone comes on the forum the first thing they see is the homepage. After it's gone it will take everyone right to the forum page.  Also there is a Dark Mode theme on the newer version so that will be a nice setting. Most websites now use Dark Mode and when coming from a Dark Mode page and then seeing a bright white page is a bit hard on the eyes. There's a few other features in the works as well but I am not sure what they are until I see the finalization in a post on the Software Developers website.

Holy shit...I love the idea of a dark mode. 

4 minutes ago, TfiDeano said:

Holy shit...I love the idea of a dark mode. 

I also put in a request awhile back about increasing the default font size from  14 to 16. 16 makes things so much easier to read.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I also put in a request awhile back about increasing the default font size from  14 to 16. 16 makes things so much easier to read.

I use my desktop computer so the text size is no problem. I literally just tried to purchase Premium here too but the page was down AGAIN and I am asking it is worth spending £16 if it's going to keep doing this despite the update you have just given. 

3 minutes ago, TfiDeano said:

I use my desktop computer so the text size is no problem. I literally just tried to purchase Premium here too but the page was down AGAIN and I am asking it is worth spending £16 if it's going to keep doing this despite the update you have just given. 

I won't know how the new version is going to react until it's installed and see how it goes from there.  I am hoping there will be improvements in the sites performance. When the software is going to be released is unknown. It goes through a bunch of stages of Beta Testing so all the bugs can be ironed out before the official (RC) release candidate is available for uploading through the Developers FTP.

Just now, StnCld316 said:

I won't know how the new version is going to react until it's installed and see how it goes from there.  I am hoping there will be improvements in the sites performance. When the software is going to be released is unknown. It goes through a bunch of stages of Beta Testing so all the bugs can be ironed out before the official (RC) release candidate is available for uploading through the Developers FTP.

Thanks for the heads up...valuable info to know though so I may just wait a bit before I consider going Premium and obviously, you'll update us all on upgrades and release dates I guess. Thanks again.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TfiDeano said:

Thanks for the heads up...valuable info to know though so I may just wait a bit before I consider going Premium and obviously, you'll update us all on upgrades and release dates I guess. Thanks again.  

I'll know when it gets released.  A notice will show in the ACP Dashboard. Then I just notify Admin that the new version is available. Then I make post notifying the members what will take place.  Once it gets closer to completion they'll have some video's on their website that I can place here so members kind of gets a heads up of what changes have taken place before the it's actually installed.

• Upvote 1

Just never having to look at that girl on the home page would be a blessing for me. Navigating the forum, I may click the home button once in a while. I never said anything just in case that was a friend of Admin or worse yet, his wife. Then I found out she was just paid spokesperson that created sales videos for different websites. 

• Upvote 1