I know fuck all about cars!!!!

Guest NL Forever

Guest Squirrel

OK. How 'bout Zeppelins. I know all about Zeppelins. Everybody loves Zeppelins. Even Nora. And Robert Plant.

Or moon rockets. I love moon rockets. I grew up with moon rockets and sci-fi, back when my country actually had a space program.

%7Boption%7D

post-0-145739601473_thumb.jpg

When was TWA going to outer space? and did they plain to make a name change?  We should have not built the space station but built a moon base instead.  Now they are talking about building a moon base.  Squirrel if you have time would you gather the nuts at NASA and do something with them.

Squirrel is too far away. I'm only 215 miles from Cape Canaveral. But I do know a lot of fuck about cars. At least how to fix them anyway.

They all look the same under the hood. V-8 Detroit iron with balls and no computers

Guest Squirrel

When was TWA going to outer space? and did they plain to make a name change?  We should have not built the space station but built a moon base instead.  Now they are talking about building a moon base.  Squirrel if you have time would you gather the nuts at NASA and do something with them.

I flew this ride to the Moon at the real Disneyland back in the 50's. Personally. I remember it. It was real. Just like Man-Bear-Pig is real.

NASA is involved in a very big Islamic Outreach program these days, my President tells me.

That's OK. We can buy space flight from China or Putin, our new friends.

When was TWA going to outer space? and did they plain to make a name change?

Since this is the ODB, most will remember the 'race to the moon' frenzy of that era. While commercial flights were a long way off (at the time, they figured by 1986), visionary Howard Hughes knew a good opportunity when he saw one and "sponsored" the rocket at Disneyland in 1955 with his TWA logo plastered on it, later erecting a second one atop the airline's corporate offices.

Guest Squirrel

Lucky you I was on the west coast at the time and never did see a launch live.  I still want to know what it feels like to be weightless and have sex in space.  The dreams of my youth.

Hell. I was born in a sleepy little town we called "LA." The only real launches I saw as a little kid was when big bro woke me up early to see the launches of the Atlas-Mercury program. Black & White NTSC low-rez by today's standards, but the crackle of the flame that distorted the TV speaker spoke to the power. We were astounded.

Yes, the Soviets built extremely powerful rockets, but to this day nothing has surpassed the Saturn V launch vehicle in terms of sheer horse power and a pristine record of success. It too, crackled the hell out of the newer color TV's speakers.

It's not a "nationalism" thing. Humans landed on the Moon, for the first time in 4 million years of evolution.

We haven't accomplished any worthwhile or wondrous goal since, now have we?  :'(

I've seen many launches, right there at the Cape. 30 miles away you can feel the ground vibrating. Even from where I am now, looking to the north, about 10 seconds after launch you can see the fireball. Night or day.

The whole world watch the landing on the moon.  Now it is just stuff like killing, 91. and1 wars.  The world as a whole need to watch something good for a change.

peace love and rock and roll to each and everyone of you.

You are a lucky man to live so close to see the space launches. The sheer power and the enormity of achievement is just beyond belief.

Can the US ever regain the pre-eminence and the drive to truly lead the world rather than just display false leadership with Obama frozen in the lights of world change.

Here's one for y'all...

Did we really land on the Moon? Do you know for a fact?

Did BinLaden take out the WTC or was it Bush and Chaney? Do you know for a fact.

I'll leave you all to think about those 2 questions for a while.