What was your draft number

Dth

Mine was 059.  The year before they stopped calling people up. That was during the VietNam war. (call it what you want to)  a lot of my sisters friends where called up to go.  For those who do not know here is a link to the draft:  http://www.sss.gov/default.htm.  Looks like the young ones still need to register.  I wounder if most of them do?

Guest Squirrel

Also last year called. Probably 119. Lost some friends.

Taught me that the government had better trust us because we sure can't trust it. Or else.

Guest Squirrel

No draft number here.  I had already joined the service before I had to worry about the draft.  I spent 20 years in the Navy.  Been out 10 years last month.

Thank you for your service. It was important to the Republic, and important to us, your fellow citizens.

Thank you sir.

Not sure what my # was but I remember the day I got my letter. Said I was to report to the induction center on in March of 1971. I was 18 years old and weighed a mere 118 pounds. When I turned 18 in January I went to see the Army recruiter. He had high hopes, said I would make a perfect 'tunnel rat'. Needless to say I went next door and enlisted in the Air Force, LOL. Sometimes it is best to just keep your pie hole shut.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Squirrel

Didn't have one... volunteered before they gave me a number.. July 1974 for 20 years Army all over the world and was a Drill Sergeant for three years!!! was the best thing in the world at the time. I would do it over again in a heart beat!!

;D

Thank you for your service to our nation.