Get ready for Windows 12

3 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

Damn, SC. That's 6 minutes of my life I'll never get back. 😒

At least when it's rolled out to Mainstream Download in October or November 2020, Adobe Flash Player and Java Runtime Environment (JRE) will be no longer be part of the O/S.  

7 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

At least when it's rolled out to Mainstream Download in October or November 2020, Adobe Flash Player and Java Runtime Environment (JRE) will be no longer be part of the O/S.  

I can see you smirking in the background you bugger 😉

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
6 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:
December 29, 2020

The Windows 12 Release Date is expected to be live in December 2020. As per the sources, the Windows 12 Release Date will be on December 29, 2020

Last i heard they ain't releasing any main updates till next year only security updates for now. Still gonna be windows 10 though ain't it?

4 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Last i heard they ain't releasing any main updates till next year only security updates for now. Still gonna be windows 10 though ain't it?

It will still be Windows 10 for now.  It won't change to Windows 12 fully until April or May.   It's just going to be migrated in parts through Windows Update.

Since Flash Player Support is gone as of December 31st, Microsoft would have to offer an update so Flash is removed.  Most Websites are now HTML5 Compliant so the removal of flash should not be an issue once it's removed.

2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

It will still be Windows 10 for now.  It won't change to Windows 12 fully until April or May.   It's just going to be migrated in parts through Windows Update.

Since Flash Player Support is gone as of December 31st, Microsoft would have to offer an update so Flash is removed.  Most Websites are now HTML5 Compliant so the removal of flash should not be an issue once it's removed.

Well to be honest all the updates this year i ain't really seen much difference to excite the blood lol.

They reckon 12 next year is gonna be completely refreshed but apart from it's appearance no one will know much difference i expect lol.

14 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Well to be honest all the updates this year i ain't really seen much difference to excite the blood lol.

They reckon 12 next year is gonna be completely refreshed but apart from it's appearance no one will know much difference i expect lol.

It would not surprise me if somewhere along the line Windows will turn into an OS-X O/S.  Get away from all those .dll (Dynamic Link Library)  files which has been a thorn in Microsoft's side for a few decades.

1 minute ago, StnCld316 said:

It would not surprise me if somewhere along the line Windows will turn into an OS-X O/S.  Get away from all those .dll (Dynamic Link Libraries)  files which has been a thorn in Microsoft's side for a few decades.

Well i think the whole thing is heading more X box direction orientated than anywhere else. After all there ain't more can be any different for the ordinary punter apart from keep altering where everything is on the system which just keeps pissing people off.