Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

More facts about why WE NEED TO STAND TOGETHER. Remember EYES WIDE OPEN.

Amid coronavirus, US is trying to 'squeeze' what it can from the Army's largest European exercise in 25 years

Early on Friday, a C-17 Globemaster transport plane landed in Bulgaria with medical equipment from China, made possible by the NATO-supported Strategic Airlift Capability, under which NATO and partner countries own and operate three C-17s, sharing flying hours and costs.

Through that and other programs, "we're able to lift and shift critical assets and get them to the vital point of need," Wolters said, adding that the US has provided medical equipment and supplies to locations across Europe and this week, in a first for the Pentagon, moved three Americans from Kabul to Germany for coronavirus treatment. 

Wolters also addressed disinformation regarding the coronavirus response in Europe, saying Russians have "attempted to insert themselves" into reporting on the delivery of medical goods and to "downplay the importance of one nation in NATO providing [personal protective equipment] to another."

Wolters said his command's reaction to that disinformation effort was two-pronged, consisting of recognizing and correcting falsehoods and of promoting allies' own activities and investments.

April 17 (Reuters) - The number of deaths linked to the novel coronavirus reached 150,000 on Friday, according to a Reuters tally. 

The first death came in the central Chinese city of Wuhan on Jan. 9. It took 83 days for the first 50,000 deaths to be recorded and just eight more for the toll to climb to 100,000. It took another eight days to go from 100,000 to 150,000.

The death toll is still far short of the so-called Spanish flu, which began in 1918 and is estimated to have killed more than 20 million people by the time it petered out in 1920.

3 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

The UK is still a part of Europe. And nothing will change in that in the next million years...😁

As long as we are out of the corrupt and power hungry EU that will do for me :biggrin:  👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

Guess this topic is pretty much useless now as nobody seems interested in Corona only related things because nobody even commented to my post about it earlier...

Well if the mods and you had done their job properly when it started going off topic it would never had got into this state. They have had plenty of requests and reports to do so but they have been a complete failure for this origonal thread. 

It seems only when it suits eh !!!!

7 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

Yep. Staying home and working from home. Only leaving house for grocery shopping for me and my grandparents. Thanks for asking. How are you holding up?

Good on you Jabs👍

P.S.Any chance of getting me a packet of Teabags😀😀

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Robwin said:

Well if the mods and you had done their job properly when it started going off topic it would never had got into this state. They have had plenty of requests and reports to do so but they have been a complete failure for this origonal thread. 

It seems only when it suits eh !!!!

Worldwide Political Discussions

Follow 0

Please Post Any Political Talk Here if it Contains Politics, Immigration, Parliamentary Items, etc... 

Read at Your Own Risk!

CamCaps.net and its Administration and Moderation Team assume no liability or responsibility to the foregoing content of this board.

IT WILL NOT BE MODERATED.

Members are asked not to report to the Moderation Team any threads and/or posts contained herein. The reading and participation in this board is purely voluntary. Any personal threats made upon another Members Life or Personal Well Being will not however be tolerated. You are expected to act somewhat like the adults you pretend to be.

9 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

In that case, sounds like you need to be more concerned about what is happening in your country rather than what is happening in the U.S. 

I'm not in Sweden, I'm in the UK, where we are now past the peak of the virus because we have locked down. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I apologize for my comment to you. I thought I was replying to a comment from Maturin.  

Apology accepted.  I do care about what happens in the US though, I have many friends there who I want to stay safe. 

• Like 2