Start our own RLC?

itsme

I am willing to invest some money and technical expertise to start an American version of RLC. Would anyone else be interested in such an arrangement? I think it could be done for a couple grand upfront. All we'd have to do is find some college age girl who wants a side income , find a cheap studio apartment, invest in a few IP cams, a small server, and do the technical work to get it going. We could then sell memberships for half the price of RLC and add more as we go.

Great idea, but why pay them?

Rent free would be the way to go.

One question, is it legal to film someone inside, even with their knowledge and consent, due to privacy laws?

I know you can film adults in public without consent and not be charged, unless you are charged under stalking laws.

Great idea, but why pay them?

Rent free would be the way to go.

One question, is it legal to film someone inside, even with their knowledge and consent, due to privacy laws?

I know you can film adults in public without consent and not be charged, unless you are charged under stalking laws.

I guess the arrangement could be open. Free rent and free internet would work. It's not illegal if they allow it. I am not suggesting that we install cam's in someone's house that doesn't know about it. I am saying an American version of RLC, that follows the same model.

Guest Squirrel

Privacy laws about recording people vary from state to state in the US.  Sooner or later, someone "not-in-the-know" would stop in suddenly to visit; that could be problematic. I have no idea about Aussie laws. Either way, if it is in the US, a lawyer will be necessary to draw up the contracts and site disclaimers, and a tax accountant will be needed to deal with the greedy demands of the various governmental jurisdictions. Hopefully the SEIU won't try to unionize the tenants, and OSHA and AQMD inspectors will stay the hell away.

My Python code sucks now days, but I'm game.

Contact TBG. He's got a Caddy. He can cruise the streets of Miami and recruit the employees.

And don't forget the Aussies: it's the land of Abbie Winters. Panther can help us set that up. England wouldn't be too bad, either, since Van controls York and London, and Brits simply LOVE fucking cameras EVERYWHERE, and they speak a language similar to English... ;D

I think the biggest problem with this idea is the reaction of the public...especially the public in the neighborhood of the apartment you've chosen.

I think Americans are much more likely to raise a stink when they hear about this venture than in European countries.

I think your tenant(s) would be quick to abandon you when the media finds out about this.

Guest Squirrel

I think the biggest problem with this idea is the reaction of the public...

I think your tenant(s) would be quick to abandon you when the media finds out about this.

I tend to agree with your logic. I think the reason it wouldn't work in the US is simple. If you can actually do this sort of exhibitionism, you'd make much more money as a celebrity on the TV circuit,  or maybe running for an elected office...

The media for sure would blow the whole idea. They would scandalise the whole situation. The residents would be hounded constantly. Locals would stalk the house. Religious zealots would be up in arms.

You might get away with it if the house was in Alaska or somewhere equally remote.

Having said that Barcelona is a modern city with modern media and nothing has kicked off yet.

The current residents in RLC need to wise up about the power they have to make money. The likes of Maya need to negotiate a better deal or threaten to pull out!!!

I am willing to invest some money and technical expertise to start an American version of RLC. Would anyone else be interested in such an arrangement? I think it could be done for a couple grand upfront. All we'd have to do is find some college age girl who wants a side income , find a cheap studio apartment, invest in a few IP cams, a small server, and do the technical work to get it going. We could then sell memberships for half the price of RLC and add more as we go.

RLC servers and Office are located in Providence, Utah USA.

I would imagine that they have their cams situated in Spain and Russia is because Vouyeurism laws are lax in those Countries where in the USA and Canada Voyeurism can land you in jail.

But I would think the ones that have the cams on RLC have to notify any guests that they have, that the cams are in place and they are being recorded.