Pay for CamCaps?

pudley

Wow, that certainly opened a can of worms. For the sake of continuity I will post a response here and hopefully move over to the old dudes section to further debate the political issues that have been raised.

Firstly, appreciate the response from Admin. Next I would apologise to kevinbsm7, I had no idea the topic would generate so much anger, much directed at you.

I would like to correct my terminology of 'dying breed'. As is human nature if there is more than one interpretation to a statement, people will always assume the worst. This was not about life expectancy, I don't wish anyone an early death. A better term was probably 'endangered sub-species'. After all, the so called white American (keep thinking of blue eyed, blonde haired dominant Aryan....... no that was Germany) will be a minority by 2043, if not sooner. Blacks and Hispanics already dominate the under 5 yr olds, and may already control the under 18s. Guess there won't be too many of us old farts around to witness that.

As for the topic, this was never about politics but I can understand trying to twist it in that direction to avoid the debate. Cats and dogs don't breed, you are right, because they are a different species. It might come as a surprise to some, but blacks and whites, Italians and Russians, even Canadians and Australians, are all human beings, all the same species.

The statements in many of the last half dozen or so posts merely reinforces my original comments about racism and the old boys network on this site. You might notice however, that I have 'liked' a couple of the posts, not because I support the contents, but at least they have put forward valid points to discuss.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squirrel

Pirate:

Yes, you unleashed absolute hell. Not that you are a troll (person who instigates chaos, it's an Internet concept), but if you were, you are sitting there with "Win," also an Internet concept. You have my respect.

See ya at old dudes, where hopefully logic can rule. (But I doubt it!). But at least we can contain flame wars over there.

There is no group think here. I disagree with TBG, Van, and most of the other regulars on many issues. But we are all CamCaps, and we'd rather be wasting time here discussing all sorts of issues, than hanging out at bars.

Plus, it's cold in Siberia, and the Barcelona girls are also overdressed: Old Dude's is for the RLC boring times.

And hopefully one of the Russian or Ukrainan RLC members will sneak in and tell me what that situation ultimately means to them and their lives...

C'ya!

Uhhhh, Woody, it 'screwell', not school. And the public 'education system' no longer teaches, they indoctrinate the attending students. That's why private school students far exceed the public screwell attendees. They don't have to sit around and wait for the dumbassed Democrat raised kids to catch up and learn how to spell their names.

How the fuck do you spell Lequeesha anyway? It that even a name?

Oh my. I may have offended some Libtard. Too fucking bad.

Yes, its origins are from Africa, it means found under a rock.

Everything seeks it's own level. And the liberals want to have everyone living in squalor, after all, misery loves company. So by 2040 I suppose the liberals can look forward to every city and hamlet of this country to mirror that of Detroit. A city I grew up in and watched as it deteriorated into shit. Because that's what liberals are.

Uhhhh, Woody, it 'screwell', not school. And the public 'education system' no longer teaches, they indoctrinate the attending students. That's why private school students far exceed the public screwell attendees. They don't have to sit around and wait for the dumbassed Democrat raised kids to catch up and learn how to spell their names.

How the fuck do you spell Lequeesha anyway? It that even a name?

Oh my. I may have offended some Libtard. Too fucking bad.

Where's the fun in life if you can't poke them in the eye every now and then.

Guest kevinbsam7

DILLIGAFF

I also suggest that you read the Bill of Rights and the Constitution of the United States before you spout your rhetoric. Specifically Amendment #1.

If you like I can put it up here for you.

It will probably come as a surprise to you to find that the American constitution only operates in one out of the 195 countries that this forum potentially reaches.

Guest kevinbsam7

Pirate - thanks for your concern but I know that if you waggle a stick in a hornets nest you're likely to get this kind of a response. And - if you'll excuse the mixed metaphor - when we put a match to the fuse most of these guys didn't have time to get their brains in gear fast enough to actually read what we'd said before they exploded into the usual torrent of ignorant hate-filled invectitude.

TBG150 - you are (or at least have been) actually a funny guy, and as I said before I'm sure it would be great to have a beer with you. But you stepped over a line of acceptability for any country signed up to the Human Rights conventions (US isn't), and that becomes a problem for Admin, so I let him know about it and as a matter of common decency let you know that I had done so. Whether Admin withdraws what you said or not is up to him and - of course - there's very little risk he'll actually suffer any consequences if he doesn't. But he needs to know of problems like that - why else have a 'report to moderator' button? 

Van - yours was the more intelligent response (probably because, like me, you're English?). I'll admit to start with I didn't follow what your answer had to do with what I'd posted about Admin's decision to charge for Camcaps. And I couldn't understand why you were saying you were being denied a chance to speak by 'liberals' when surely Fox in the US and Murdoch's outlets in the UK together with the Daily Mail so clearly influence public thinking into a right-wing agenda. But then I got it - you're saying that Murdoch and Dacre are too liberal for you, so you have to come somewhere where you are 'free' to say what you like.

But that actually confirms what I was saying. Admin has commercial decisions to make. Pirate and I were telling him that if he wants to charge for something that is perceived as being a sound-box for views that are beyond acceptability for a very large percentage of the global population then he is limiting his market. He may not care, it's a free market, there may be enough people left to make it pay. But he'll no longer be offering what he originally set Camcaps up to do, and that would be a shame.

I think the discussion taking place on this thread actually explains why CamCaps is worth hanging on to. A group of intelligent guys discussing issues of interest with people from various nations and expressing differing views.

Views that can be incisive or witty or insightful or spiteful or just plain daft.

The point is we are all free to express our viewpoint without fear of censorship. I think we are all educated enough to understand the difference between bigotry and racism and reasoned argument. I think we all accept the self censorship that racism is fundamentally wrong. Colour is irrelevant. Character is everything. However, character influences behaviour.

My beef tends to be with the behaviour of various groups, more often religious groups. Sadly unlike my religion which preaches love and community others preach hate and separation. As we know from centuries of conflict, religious beliefs leave very little room for compromise. Consequently I believe the greatest threat to mankind is Islam. Sadly Islam has been distorted by Wahhabism which is promoted by Saudi Arabia. I doubt anyone in Saudi Arabia can choose not to be a Muslim. Intolerance is rife. Like all evil empires they only prosper by coercion.

Nelson Mandela was once asked why he became a terrorist (as judged by the South African authorities). His answer was that if you discuss the rights and wrongs of racism with those in power and each time they refuse to accept they are wrong in any way and are simply unable to accept any other point of view then you only have one option left. Reasoned argument is futile.

The western world is now in this position. Reasoned argument does not work. Can you ever see the Taliban admitting they are wrong? Of course not. We simply therefore have to stop them and we have to stop all those that share their beliefs. Within Islam if I am not a Muslim by definition I am Kafir who is committing an unforgivable sin and therefore is an enemy of Islam.

I hate no-one and try to love everyone. If only such love was reciprocated. Sadly some people will only ever hate.

I love CamCaps because I can share my point of view with others from around the world. I always look forward to responses to my posts and other members of the Old Dudes.

Stick around Kevinbsam7. Let the debates continue.

Guest Squirrel

It will probably come as a surprise to you to find that the American constitution only operates in one out of the 195 countries that this forum potentially reaches.

Which one would that be?

'Cause I want to move there. I remember that piece of paper fondly.

DILLIGAFF

I also suggest that you read the Bill of Rights and the Constitution of the United States before you spout your rhetoric. Specifically Amendment #1.

If you like I can put it up here for you.

No surpise at all. It's not even recognised in it's country of origin anymore.

For the rest, I'll put it out here when time allows. I will enjoy an intelligent debate without all of the name calling.

But shoud the Admins of this board want to delete what I post to pascify others, thry have a full time job going through all of the threads by all of the people and removing anything deemed inappropriate.

I seriously doubt that's going to happen. Failure to do so would be selective moderation.