Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #5

Pepe

14 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Personally I don't think this COVID19 will ever go away.  People will have to get a shot every year just as they do a flu shot. 

Even after a COVID19 Vaccine is administered people will still be masking up for another 2 or 3 years going forward. 

Well that's ok surely no one seems to moan about the flu jab yearly and some even get slight reactions to that so what's the problem?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have never gotten a flu shot and to be honest, it's been maybe 30 years since I had the flu. I maintain a healthy body, eat properly and don't hang out in crowds. Especially in the winter seasons when the germ is prevalent and thrives in the cold environment.

I still say they will have to hogtie me or kill me to inject me with whatever kind of concoction they dreamed up. The human body has its own antibodies to fight any infection. You just need to know how to wake those antibodies up and keep them working for you.

56 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

I have never gotten a flu shot and to be honest, it's been maybe 30 years since I had the flu. I maintain a healthy body, eat properly and don't hang out in crowds. Especially in the winter seasons when the germ is prevalent and thrives in the cold environment.

I still say they will have to hogtie me or kill me to inject me with whatever kind of concoction they dreamed up. The human body has its own antibodies to fight any infection. You just need to know how to wake those antibodies up and keep them working for you.

Very lucky guy but unfortunately many are not but whatever works for you good on yer 👍

For many who have asthma or lung problems the flu jab is vital.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Sadly many haven't..or can't...😏

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

I don't know if I'll get one or not. I have managed to avoid the whole thing since it had started.  Flu Shot I can't recall when I had my last one but it a very long long time ago a few decades maybe.  I think the last time I ever had a shot was when I stepped on a rusty nail that was poking up through a piece of lumber I had walked on. 

My Doctor recommends the flu shot each year but I have always balked on it. I have known people that get the flu shot and they still get sick. No vaccine is 100% effective.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I think the last time I ever had a shot was when I stepped on a rusty nail that was poking up through a piece of lumber I had walked on. 

My Doctor recommends the flu shot each year but I have always balked on it. I have known people that get the flu shot and they still get sick. No vaccine is 100% effective.

Think that may have been a tetanus shot not a flu shot ::)

Never understood why so many obect to it, if it works for you great, if it doesn't you ainted lost anything have you.

Unless you are one of these antivaxers who i think still think the earth is flat or aliens have landed :biggrin:

Just now, Robwin said:

Never understood why so many obect to it, if it works for you great, if it doesn't you ainted lost anything have you.

Unless you are one of these antivaxers who i think still think the earth is flat or aliens have landed :biggrin:

I worked for the NHS all my working life, so getting the flu jab was right on my doorstep and free. Now I've retired, I can still get it for free and, the way I see it, I'm not getting any younger and with Covid around, I don't fancy my immune system trying to fight 2 little buggers at the same time...😏
Plus everyone and their dog will getting the Covid vaccination for the next year...I got my flu jab early before it all kicked off...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

I worked for the NHS all my working life, so getting the flu jab was right on my doorstep and free. Now I've retired, I can still get it for free and, the way I see it, I'm not getting any younger and with Covid around, I don't fancy my immune system trying to fight 2 little buggers at the same time...😏
Plus everyone and their dog will getting the Covid vaccination for the next year...I got my flu jab early before it all kicked off...

Good to see someone with a logical mind👍 By the way all you NHS staff do a wonderful service and we all are thankful to you all for many reasons.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Robwin said:

I'm not an anti-vaxxer.  I just am not going to rush to the doctor office to get it.  I have lots of time to decide.

• Like 1