Naga's Kitchen Part #1

nagachilli2

9 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Send me a virtual case of this ale in PM's. I can't find it in stores anywhere in the States. But I can still pretend! 😔

theakston_old_peculier.jpg

Theakston's is a great brewery, and Old Peculier is a cracking beer. It's a far cry from IPA, although the alcohol content can be similar, and pretty high, but it's quite a dark rich brew...of course, it's not Bud...lol 😉

It's a family brewery, but years ago there was a family feud, and 1 of the brothers split to form his own brewery....Black Sheep Brewery...also very good 

3 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Putting it politely pal,you're a stranger to the truth and not currently in possession of a valid birth certificate😋

Harsh words indeed has rendered me speechless.

Would a driving licence suffice? 🙄

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

I noticed quite a bit of foody chat on the B4 thread lol! I think it was linked to Megan being a good cook....
She cooked octopus for them recently...I suppose that would be a leg each and a coupla spares...😁

Squid i like but never taken with Octopus, could of been the cooking, i have had squid which if overcooked is chewy, maybe the same problem but wont be my choice anytime soon.

On the back of that was pizza, i may or may not have started that..😁🍕

Anyway i enjoy a pizza, as i got older i stopped with the stupid pizza hut weird crust stack it high jobs and gone more thin/stone baked. I do prefer it to be meaty and spicy though. UK supermarkets are OK, i find Asda have a good shelf round our way and add a few bits too it then it seems OK to me.

Strangest pizza i have had was in Sweden, not sure quite what was on it but had bernaise?? sauce or similar and lettuce and other items that should only be removed from the fridge and dropped straight in the bin. Got a fried egg in the middle as well which was OK, strange, but OK. Also cost an amazing amount of money, i thought i had invested in the shop when the bill came!

Our local chippy does a mean donnapizza ..not quite a purest Italian pizza but works after a few beers and the Rugby

Haven't seen fish served in newspaper for many years, i thought they banned it under hygiene rules? Def not local to me, not that i have tried many as i think once you find a good one you tend to stick with it.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mspanker said:

Squid i like but never taken with Octopus, could of been the cooking, i have had squid which if overcooked is chewy, maybe the same problem but wont be my choice anytime soon.

On the back of that was pizza, i may or may not have started that..😁🍕

Anyway i enjoy a pizza, as i got older i stopped with the stupid pizza hut weird crust stack it high jobs and gone more thin/stone baked. I do prefer it to be meaty and spicy though. UK supermarkets are OK, i find Asda have a good shelf round our way and add a few bits too it then it seems OK to me.

Strangest pizza i have had was in Sweden, not sure quite what was on it but had bernaise?? sauce or similar and lettuce and other items that should only be removed from the fridge and dropped straight in the bin. Got a fried egg in the middle as well which was OK, strange, but OK. Also cost an amazing amount of money, i thought i had invested in the shop when the bill came!

Our local chippy does a mean donnapizza though..not quite a purest Italian pizza but works after a few beers and the Rugby

Haven't seen fish served in newspaper for many years, i thought they banned it under hygiene rules? Def not local to me, not that i have tried many as i think once you find a good one you tend to stick with it.

Maybe I just made that up about F&C served in newspaper now. It's ages since we had any, but I thought I'd seen others...
I love pizza too. I once had a Hoisin Duck Pizza in a cheap and cheerful Italian place (Sambucca's?) It was really nice, tbh, but can't remember seeing it on any menu in Rome 😏
I haven't had octopus, either, but squid many times...even on a pizza, tentacles and all!
Still on the pizza theme, I can't believe what Dominoes charge for there's, not that I've had 1. £20 is crazy, when you can get a large one for a quarter of the price in Asda...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Maybe I just made that up about F&C served in newspaper now. It's ages since we had any, but I thought I'd seen others...
I love pizza too. I once had a Hoisin Duck Pizza in a cheap and cheerful Italian place (Sambucca's?) It was really nice, tbh, but can't remember seeing it on any menu in Rome 😏
I haven't had octopus, either, but squid many times...even on a pizza, tentacles and all!
Still on the pizza theme, I can't believe what Dominoes charge for there's, not that I've had 1. £20 is crazy, when you can get a large one for a quarter of the price in Asda...

Its certainly a money maker, extra topping are crazy prices and a few bits of garlic bread adds up. Small french stick, melt some butter add garlic spread on it cook with the pizza, costs less than a quid for a full loaf!  Not long had a papa johns open up near me, haven't tried it yet, still not cheap but seems better than Dominoes. On Just Eat as well so might give them a go. Can imagine asking for squid on as a topping next time i phone up, that would be a challenge

• Like 1