B4 Girls & Couples On Vacation - General Topic 2020 #37 (December)

3 minutes ago, coolcucumber said:

Right, not a nice word to say even though he doesn't like him 😁

no it is clear that it is not very nice, but hey it does not surprise me, some are forced to express themselves by insulting things that they do not understand

• Like 2

we will calm down a little bit otherwise I will show the outside door for some

I deleted some posts because they are irrelevant or insulting

For Lucky, it was not an insult, only a flowery language of an American expession, we must not take everything in the literal sense of the French translation. I also point out that I removed this comment

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, moos54 said:

For Lucky, it was not an insult, only a flowery language of an American expession, we must not take everything in the literal sense of the French translation. I also point out that I removed this comment

Flowery language is most probably insulting to someone.:smile:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, rosey 1 said:

Flowery language is most probably insulting to someone.:smile:

certainly yes
Afterwards, I just try to nuance the words because I don't think we have to take everything at face value
In this specific case, I don't think that the literal and gratuitous insult was really the goal, it is necessary from time to time to put context in the words, which the translator never does.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, moos54 said:

I figured you were the one deleting my comments. If you knew me you would know that I am a person that tells it like it is with no filter. Sorry you couldn't handle my comments and you got offended. 😏

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, corvette84 said:

I figured you were the one deleting my comments. If you knew me you would know that I am a person that tells it like it is with no filter. Sorry you couldn't handle my comments and you got offended. 😏

I never felt offended by your words if your quote is about me 
In case you are not ever careful, I am a moderator and I act as such from time to time, I only react to certain comments that have been reported for moderators

Now the forum is a place to chat for everyone, and in this case you can't say everything you want either.

• Upvote 2