Adobe Flash Player being retired

Adobe flash player is being retired. This means that any sites using Adobe flash will cease to work. I think most of the RLC sites use HTML5, but I know that a lot of cam sites and tube sites still use it. It will be interesting to see what happens. This could be a mini-y2k type event where suddenly millions of systems cease to work. I know that there are a lot of Gov sites that still use flash for various functions. 

WWW.COMPUTERWORLD.COM

After 24 years, Adobe Flash Player — the once-ubiquitous utility that fueled the Internet's transformation from text-only to a multimedia bonanza — is heading into the sunset.

• Upvote 1

They have been warning of this for over a year. Anyone that didn't up their systems to HTML5 is simply out of luck.

I'll bet all of the governments sites that take care of unemployment, food stamps and Social Security will go dark. The shit this is going to bring!

10 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

They have been warning of this for over a year. Anyone that didn't up their systems to HTML5 is simply out of luck.

I'll bet all of the governments sites that take care of unemployment, food stamps and Social Security will go dark. The shit this is going to bring!

I would say a good 40 to 45% of users on the internet likely don't even know what Adobe Flash is.  They just turn the computer on and hope it works.  

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to stop the banner that opens when you open Chrome that notifies you of Flash being unsupported. It's annoying as hell. I'm thinking it has to be in one of Chromes browser updates, but you can't see them or the content of the update.

4 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

Does anyone know how to stop the banner that opens when you open Chrome that notifies you of Flash being unsupported. It's annoying as hell. I'm thinking it has to be in one of Chromes browser updates, but you can't see them or the content of the update.

1. On your Chrome browser's address bar, type in 'about:plugins' and hit ENTER.
  2. Find the plugin called 'Google Update' and click disable.
  3. Restart your browser for the changes to take effect.