Candy Red (2021) Part #1

12 hours ago, letsdothis said:

That's what I thought, but he's done a lot stuff. Don't know if you knew it, but he's British. 

I didn't when that show started, found out later.  So many British actors on movies and TV here

I'm happy, they seem more down to earth. Unlike the smug arrogant ahole actors here in the states

• Haha 2

British actors are mostly just grateful for the work. Over here the options are costume drama or copycat Scandi-noir crime melodramas. A lot of acting careers are scuppered now the Harry Potter franchise has wrapped. I can't see anyone wanted to produce a J K Rowling story now that she's proved herself a total douche. Have to say that US actors have got a lot better at doing British accents in recent years. British producers are more willing to cast US actors, and as such there's a far greater cross-Atlantic trade. We give you sardonic villains, and you give us actually attractive lead actors. Which is nice. 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, letsdothis said:

What did she do?

Waded into a debate about trans women and the term 'women' being applied to those who don't/can't menstruate. She's managed to upset both sides of the debate, which is pretty clever. And I don't suppose she cares much being filthy rich, but yeah, she's painted herself into a corner as far as future projects go. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Albion said:

Waded into a debate about trans women and the term 'women' being applied to those who don't/can't menstruate. She's managed to upset both sides of the debate, which is pretty clever. And I don't suppose she cares much being filthy rich, but yeah, she's painted herself into a corner as far as future projects go. 

Thanks for the info. Did not know that.

On 9/1/2021 at 5:54 AM, Albion said:

Yep the woke brigade trying to silence people's opinions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...