Anyone remember

Dth

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember 'Hands across America' ?

For those that don't know, it's where all these liberal assholes wanted everyone to hold hands until it spanned across this country. 

Can you just see some poor hard working farmer on his tractor in the fields with all these fucking liberals trampling on his seedlings.  Hahaha    Worse than crows!

I know a lot of farmers in my area who would shoot any hand holding liberal stepping onto his crops.

Guest kenperv

Having been part of it, I remember it quite clearly. It took place in 1986 and nearly 7 million people participated from coast to coast. The point was to raise awareness of the poor and homeless. People donated money for a place in line and the effort raised about $35 million in one day. By the way, one of the biggest supporters of Hands Across America was your friend, that flaming liberal, Ronald Reagan. In point of fact, participants cut cross all political, religious and racial lines. It was just Americans trying to help other Americans less fortunate than themselves. Maybe we should try it again before the Cult of Greed completely overwhelms us. And those of us who took part offer no apologies. It was the way we were brought up.

I don't buy into any of that crap anymore.  One of the foundations I supported the most even let me down.  The Wounded Warrior Project was found to have only given away roughly 10 cents for every dollar that was donated to them.  And I am sure some of you don't know that the WWP is only a distributor. They give money to local charities that you yourself can donate to VFW is a big one. WWP let me down, now if I see a fellow soldier in need I just give him/her money without them knowing.  A lot of soldiers wont take your money you have to be secretive about it.  I have been enlisted for 11 years so before you hammer me for raising heck about the WWP. Dig a little deeper into the charities you donate to. 

I don't buy into any of that crap anymore.  One of the foundations I supported the most even let me down.  The Wounded Warrior Project was found to have only given away roughly 10 cents for every dollar that was donated to them.  And I am sure some of you don't know that the WWP is only a distributor. They give money to local charities that you yourself can donate to VFW is a big one. WWP let me down, now if I see a fellow soldier in need I just give him/her money without them knowing.  A lot of soldiers wont take your money you have to be secretive about it.  I have been enlisted for 11 years so before you hammer me for raising heck about the WWP. Dig a little deeper into the charities you donate to.

When they take a percentage of what's donated is called an Administrative Fee. No one does anything for nothing anymore.

I think your mistaken on the WWP. Here are their most recent financials:

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/media/477617/wwp-audited-financial-statements-fy-2012.pdf

They are not just a distributor but operate a number of services themselves and the vast bulk of what they raise goes to those programs. Only a small percent goes to admin and overhead.