I urge all Members to participate here

TBG 150

What shall we do with Charles53??  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What shall we do with Charles53??

• Ban him entirely
    • Ban him and remove all of his mindless posts
    • Set him up to be read only (This will deny him access to post)
    • Leave him alone and just put up with it
    • Give tbg150 Admin access for 30 minutes to clean up the mess in all of the boards that he's made

This stuff has to stop. 100+ posts that say nothing and contribute nothing to any and all of the boards in which they are located. It would take a lot of time and effort to go through each board and remove this stuff.

But if Admin and/or the Mods don't stop it now, it will just continue. This is going to bring hate and discontent to the boards. I can see it starting already.

Guest ww_watcher

I obviously haven't been paying attention. I must look into this, but he isn't the only one causing arguments and long exchanges of inane verbal ripostes.

I only really look at 2 of the apartment threads. I sat mainly in the General and Other sites section. But this clown has over 100 posts of just directive drivel aimed at the tenants, like they're going to actually read it and it just clogs up the thread and makes anyone trying to follow it lose the continuity.

Sometimes and individual thread will contain from 5-10 posts of this nonsensical behavior.

This stuff has to stop. 100+ posts that say nothing and contribute nothing to any and all of the boards in which they are located. It would take a lot of time and effort to go through each board and remove this stuff.

But if Admin and/or the Mods don't stop it now, it will just continue. This is going to bring hate and discontent to the boards. I can see it starting already.

I have no opinion of this guy you are talking about because I evidently don't inhabit the same threads he does.  That's not to say your objections to him are baseless, though.

But I didn't select an item from your poll because you don't include my preferred solution.

I don't condone banning people just because YOU don't like his posts...just as I don't condone banning people because I don't like their posts. 

In fact, if I were Admin, I would be hard pressed to feel justified for banning anyone.  This forum has very few rules and I believe that rules are necessary.  Not only that, rules should be clear, concise and should be enforced equally, swiftly and even-handedly.  Behavior that would result in a ban should be spelled out.

Now...I know that Admin really doesn't want to establish a comprehensive rule structure and I have no real complaints about that.  This is his forum...he can do what he wants.  But if I were him, I wouldn't be banning this fellow you find so objectionable...just because you don't like him.

I agree JoJo. If that were the case, I would have been banned long ago. That's why in a democratic society you get the opinion of the people. I voted to leave be at a Read Only status. That way he's still here just cannot post the things that he does.

Click his name anywhere you find it. It in turn will take you to his profile and then click Recent Posts. There are a lot of people here complaining about him, not just I.

The other alternative is to click Report to Moderator on every one of his posts that the masses find objectionable. But if that were to happen, Admin would get really pissed because it would lock down his email account linked to the forum.

Guest Squirrel

I understand JoJo's concerns. I have looked up Charles53nin the membership listings, and the comments seem to be there simply for irritation value. Perhaps you, TBG, Tay, numerous others and myself should give him lessons on being witty and charming. Or -- like NL -- actually posting something of value.

Either that, or we could just ignore him into oblivion, since his goal -- like any good troll -- is to get a rise out of us. That way he might go back to 4chan/b where he can learn more sophisticated trolling techniques.

Hey. If I'm overruled, so be it. But if no one takes a stand it will continue. The poll was only a suggestive corrective response. If you like I can remove the whole mess.

I was politely asked to tone it down and I did. He has been politely asked to stop also, but simply refuses. Maybe that's the difference between an adult such as myself and a prepubescent little fapper such as him.

Guest Squirrel

Hey. If I'm overruled, so be it. But if no one takes a stand it will continue. The poll was only a suggestive corrective response. If you like I can remove the whole mess.

I was politely asked to tone it down and I did. He has been politely asked to stop also, but simply refuses. Maybe that's the difference between an adult such as myself and a prepubescent little fapper such as him.

I'll stand with TBG on this. TBG and Nick had great fun; they were interesting, and actually became buddies. He's actually a tolerant, warm and fuzzy guy, as any one who knows him will tell you. And he has a right to challenge Charles, and perhaps Charles should be allow to speak in his own defence.

(I love to watch Perry Mason reruns on TV. This could get fun!)

I chose to use the "Report to moderator" option several days ago and haven't heard a thing.  If they want paying members (which he isn't at this time), they need to correct his abusive behavior.  Does this board have an "Ignore" function by Member?  I'd be happy to use that instead.

Duke. Check in your profile for the setting. I'm not sure off hand and haven't looked prior to posting this. But it may be only for PM's. I never got into the settings 2.0... in Simple Machines.

For those that are unfamiliar with his posts, I can vouch for 150. This dude charles will make like 6 or 7 posts in a row all about nothing. It really is dumb and quite irritable. "she should shake her ass" ... that's one post; "she should move her blanket" ... that's another post 3 mins later; "she should spread her legs" ... that's another one 4 mins later. And he does this shit over and over and over...

I don't think outright banning him is the answer although if that were to happen I wouldn't shed a tear about it. But he really does need to stop with the spamming. This shit has been going on for long enough.