dishwashing

Guest kenperv

Guest kenperv

I realize that this is probably an odd topic, but I'm wondering if someone else has noticed. Many of these couples, led by Lora, NEVER dry dishes or glasses or silverware, etc. before putting them away. She will wash a dish, have it dripping wet and just stick it in the cupboard. Isn't this unsanitary at best? Or are we just germophobic here in the West? And, before anyone says it, their lives must be pretty boring if I'm watching the dishes being done. Check out Alma some time. She washes stuff and just jams it into a drawer soaking wet. I don't get it. What  are we missing here in "civilization"? And why do I care? I'm

just saying...

I've also noticed the same and thought it was very odd based on how these things are done in the United States. Also, I notice they will open a package and never seal it back. They just put it in the cabinet or refrigerator without closing the package. Lora especially but some of the others as well leave baked items sitting on the table for days uncovered. I would think they get hard as a brick, and the same with bread being in paper bags. Just a different culture I guess.

I have wondered why they don't have dishwashers. All the apartments we have rented in Europe have had them. My son's apartment in Belgium has one. Why not these. And Alina and Anton;s apartment looks to be recently updated. Why none in that apartment?

Guest kenperv

Thanks for the replies. Good to know that I'm not the only one wondering about such things. And, how about food being left out? There's a piece of meat on a holder in Isabel & Marcelo's place that's been on the kitchen table UNREFRIGERATED for 2 and a half months! Want to have a sandwich from that? Maybe the laws of physics, chemistry and biology work differently once you get west of London. But it is very odd.

Guest Squirrel

I have wondered why they don't have dishwashers. All the apartments we have rented in Europe have had them. My son's apartment in Belgium has one. Why not these. And Alina and Anton;s apartment looks to be recently updated. Why none in that apartment?

Alma has a dishwashing machine.

The problem with using a dishwasher for just two people is that the dishes start stinking before you accumulate enough dirty ones to justify washing a load. Hence, we hand wash (less water/electricity usage) and save the dishwasher for the big dinner parties.

I'm sure if some RLC people can spend 12 hours a day playing video games, they can find the time to hand-wash a few dishes.

Or, as Stefan and Marcello would say, "Dishwasher? Hell, that's what the bitches are for."

There's a piece of meat on a holder in Isabel & Marcelo's place that's been on the kitchen table UNREFRIGERATED for 2 and a half months! Want to have a sandwich from that? Maybe the laws of physics, chemistry and biology work differently once you get west of London. But it is very odd.

It's cured meat, being in a dry climate it will stay safe to eat for a very long time.

There's a piece of meat on a holder in Isabel & Marcelo's place that's been on the kitchen table UNREFRIGERATED for 2 and a half months! Want to have a sandwich from that? Maybe the laws of physics, chemistry and biology work differently once you get west of London. But it is very odd.

It's cured meat, being in a dry climate it will stay safe to eat for a very long time.

I'll save it for you should you not mind Mate. I want my meat rare and still bleeding.

I'll save it for you should you not mind Mate. I want my meat rare and still bleeding.

I'll eat cured meat and cooked meats, but don't like it well done, it dries it out and makes it too chewy.

I prefer fried or BBQ'd meats to be medium rare with a hint of pink inside.

Very true what is said here by everyone. I also noticed that most of them all never wash their hands after playing / touching their pets and eat food or snacks. This is also very unhygienic.

I realize that this is probably an odd topic, but I'm wondering if someone else has noticed. Many of these couples, led by Lora, NEVER dry dishes or glasses or silverware, etc. before putting them away. She will wash a dish, have it dripping wet and just stick it in the cupboard. Isn't this unsanitary at best? Or are we just germophobic here in the West? And, before anyone says it, their lives must be pretty boring if I'm watching the dishes being done. Check out Alma some time. She washes stuff and just jams it into a drawer soaking wet. I don't get it. What  are we missing here in "civilization"? And why do I care? I'm

just saying...

The cupboards we can see into have dish racks in them, they are designed that way.

I'd guess they have a drainage system, maybe a drying system in the form of ventilation installed too.