StnCld316

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Squirrel

Say whut? ???

I think we need to turn this into a John Wayne or a Chuck Norris thread... maybe a Captain Kirk vs. Captain Picard discussion... ;)

Guest ww_watcher

It won't be Spain's first time. The Moors conquered it a WHILE back and turned all the castles into libraries with apartments for those who were chronicling or researching. Then of course they were invaded by Europeans and all the books, not related to Catholicism or approved by the church, were burned. That included all the math, astronomy, and geography books. A vast storehouse of knowledge was destroyed by the church. That was back when Muslims had a different agenda as a whole.

Organized religion is a crutch for the weak minded and needs to be abolished. Just like the IRS, the office of the President and about 30 other divisions that do nothing but suck money from the pockets of the poor taxpayer.

I am investing in the company that makes head scarves and those all in one burkas!

That religion of peace and harmony kills millions of its own kind and then controls all women who cannot have any life outside their jail (sorry home!). Their kind menfolk bugger off most of the day to seek out second and third wives and invent Sharia Law to pretend they understand civilised law making!

Is there one Islamic country that is prosperous AND civilised?

The West has to wake up soon. Christianity needs to unite and defend the 21st Century against a reversal to the 5th Century. If not I can see Apple inventing the ICave and the MudHut Pod!!

In truth, what we need are a lot more free individuals. They form communities; they create enterprises, they actually get along with one another on an individual level, especially when they need to trade goods and services. They will also buy goods and services from members of other tribes, religions, races. They just want a fair deal.

Governments, whether warlords, dictatorships, or just simple empires, are the ones who start wars. They don't want a fair deal. They want to steal from individuals --wherever they might be--and enrich themselves.

I have no problem with people who worship other gods, nor do I have a problem with individuals based on their sex, race, or their origin. Not even their sexual preference, unless I'm interested in having sex with them. Business is business.

We need more individual liberty. Not more ridiculous laws and highly paid government warlords.

I am not a number. I am a free man.

I agree with everything you say with a great big BUT.... we live in a global society were big business is needed to feed, house and power nearly 9 billion people.

What you describe is little tribes trading camels and spices and trinkets whilst tolerating each others foibles. 5th century society, 5th century religion.

A simple truth is that the whole of the Arab world cannot feed itself. Collectively they have far too many people living in arid conditions. The Arab nations are desperate to find a solution. Having plenty of the black stuff has bought them riches without substance. Now that the US and other countries can drill for their own oil the US has decided the Arab world can rot in hell. Obama has abandoned any interest in the region. Sling a few drones at a few rouges. What a foreign policy!