Microsoft Business Strategies

I don't do much hardware anymore, and I don't do much software or OS shit anymore. I'm retired. I'm smart. Still, I found this an interesting take on why MS management have been attempting to adapt to a gradually (and ever-changing) environment.

Listen. Most of you kids don't know what fucking hell we oldsters have been through. DOS3, Dial-up --it's all shit that you won't experience. If a person could handle 8-bit or 16-bit pixels they were happy enough. But we wanted more.

You've got that now.

Quantum computing. Do quantum. In American English, that would knock even Bezo's socks off. And that would be fun for me to watch.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 10:51 PM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Listen. Most of you kids don't know what fucking hell we oldsters have been through. DOS3, Dial-up --it's all shit that you won't experience. If a person could handle 8-bit or 16-bit pixels they were happy enough. But we wanted more.

You've got that now.

Quantum computing. Do quantum. In American English, that would knock even Bezo's socks off. And that would be fun for me to watch.

Could you imagine cc being on the old bulletin boards with a 300 baud dial up modem. 

"Timmy get off the phone so I can call the father." 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TBG 150 said:

I thought it was going to be Win12. Stone lied to us!

I just post what I see on Microsoft's website.  I don't think any of their O/S's have ever been released on a promised date they announce.  It has not even begun it's Beta Testing stages yet.

People that have a Windows Insider Account (Microsoft's Guinea Pigs) will be the first ones to give the O/S a test drive.

Just now, StnCld316 said:

Now they have changed their Windows 12 stance and will now offer  a Windows 11.  

Upgrade to the New Windows 11 OS | Microsoft

It won't run on most machines anyway.  If you have a newer machine with a TPM (Trusted Platform Module) chip in it then fine.  Otherwise you will have to get a new machine to upgrade.

Windows 11 is free, but your CPU might not be officially supported - The Verge

Windows Processor Requirements Windows 11 Supported Intel Processors | Microsoft Docs

1 minute ago, maxfactor said:

It won't run on most machines anyway.  If you have a newer machine with a TPM (Trusted Platform Module) chip in it then fine.  Otherwise you will have to get a new machine to upgrade.

Windows 11 is free, but your CPU might not be officially supported - The Verge

Windows Processor Requirements Windows 11 Supported Intel Processors | Microsoft Docs

A persons PC will have to meet the requirements before they'll be able to use Windows 11.  I would imagine they'll send a windows update of an app to check the users machine to make sure it's compatible.

6 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

A persons PC will have to meet the requirements before they'll be able to use Windows 11.  I would imagine they'll send a windows update of an app to check the users machine to make sure it's compatible.

U mean this... I did it yesterday.  3 year old processor and no joy.  https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp

4 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

U mean this... I did it yesterday.  3 year old processor and no joy.  https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp

I have an AMD Machine and would have to update to a Ryzen 2000 or above before my machine would be compatible.   Al I have at the moment is an 8 core processor. To upgrade would likely cost me $2000.  I don't think they made a Ryzen Proccessor for an AM3+ Motherboard but I know they did with the newer AM4 MB's.