B4 Girls On Vacation - General Topic 2021 #69 (June)

A couple of points from the last thread involving Nelly and Bogdan.

I thought Chuck's lengthy dissertation supporting the theory that Bogdan is OK with Nelly's bisexual exploits is well done.  Again, I don't understand how both men accept this so easily.  But it seems they accept their mates having this fling.

It does seem that Nelly is viewed rather negatively.  I think some of it might be due to her past on RLC.  Some of it might be due to her special role being married to an RLC employee.  Some might due to her physical appearance, which is not the hottest but honestly (at least for me) there is a sexy aspect to her that I find interesting.  Being honest, perhaps I find Nelly a bit attractive because my true RLC crush has passionate lesbian sex with her!   I am happy that the "ugly Nelly" stuff has stopped (I won't mention the culprit!).  

What I think we see with Nelly is that she is working to address her alcohol behavior.  I only know a two people who have dealt with some of these things and I can attest that they were the life of the party when they were drinking ... they were super fun and open and uninhibited.  When they realized they needed to dial it in ... their party behavior changed entirely.  They were still nice people but just not the wild party types that we all used to depend on to be the ring leader.  I am guessing it is hard to be with your girlfriends and not be able to drink ... it takes time and experience to adjust how to be yourself.  People fear that the sober version of themselves won't be interesting and fun.  All sorts of psychobabble here ... which will get criticized by someone I bet ... but a lot of this is real.  One of the thing people like Nelly hate the most in this situation is others coming up to them and asking "are you ok?  you don't seem to be having fun".  So to me, the fact she retreated to her room, is not an issue.  Why did Viv and Nan retreat to their rooms?

Anyway, that is my two cents to kick off this next thread.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, JenniferMom said:

I thought Chuck's lengthy dissertation supporting the theory that Bogdan is OK with Nelly's bisexual exploits is well done.  Again, I don't understand how both men accept this so easily.  But it seems they accept their mates having this fling.

It does seem that Nelly is viewed rather negatively.  I think some of it might be due to her past on RLC.  Some of it might be due to her special role being married to an RLC employee.  Some might due to her physical appearance, which is not the hottest but honestly (at least for me) there is a sexy aspect to her that I find interesting.  Being honest, perhaps I find Nelly a bit attractive because my true RLC crush has passionate lesbian sex with her!   I am happy that the "ugly Nelly" stuff has stopped (I won't mention the culprit!).  

What I think we see with Nelly is that she is working to address her alcohol behavior.  I only know a two people who have dealt with some of these things and I can attest that they were the life of the party when they were drinking ... they were super fun and open and uninhibited.  When they realized they needed to dial it in ... their party behavior changed entirely.  They were still nice people but just not the wild party types that we all used to depend on to be the ring leader.  I am guessing it is hard to be with your girlfriends and not be able to drink ... it takes time and experience to adjust how to be yourself.  People fear that the sober version of themselves won't be interesting and fun.  All sorts of psychobabble here ... which will get criticized by someone I bet ... but a lot of this is real.  One of the thing people like Nelly hate the most in this situation is others coming up to them and asking "are you ok?  you don't seem to be having fun".  So to me, the fact she retreated to her room, is not an issue.  Why did Viv and Nan retreat to their rooms?

Nelly is not particularly good looking, but used to make up for it with a really sympathetic personality. I can still remember the two in russia. Nelly and Bodgan were clearly one of the top couples from my point of view at this time. But it must also be said that RLC had a lot of really good-looking people in the cast at that time. Currently, this is less and less the case, so the appearance has gained weight. Still, I see no reason that the two should not stay in barcelona, rather I think RLC should let more couples live in B4 especially.

Anyway, regardless of the discussion whether Nelly and Bodgan should be in B4 or not, I think Nelly is being unfair to Bodgan. Something like an open relationship can only work if it is practiced on both sides. Everything else is at the expense of the side that remains committed.

Sometimes it helps to imagine the roles reversed to evaluate the situation. Imagine, for example, that Bodgan and not Nelly would be in a second relationship with Martina. Whoever believes that Nelly would agree with this is living in an illusion. There was a translation here some time ago in which Nelly talked to Bodgan that he had built up a too close relationship with Holly and Magan. This is really a statement that can not be surpassed in audacity, considering that Nelly now even makes vacations together with her second relationship.

17 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Nelly is not particularly good looking, but used to make up for it with a really sympathetic personality. I can still remember the two in russia. Nelly and Bodgan were clearly one of the top couples from my point of view at this time. But it must also be said that RLC had a lot of really good-looking people in the cast at that time. Currently, this is less and less the case, so the appearance has gained weight. Still, I see no reason that the two should not stay in barcelona, rather I think RLC should let more couples live in B4 especially.

Anyway, regardless of the discussion whether Nelly and Bodgan should be in B4 or not, I think Nelly is being unfair to Bodgan. Something like an open relationship can only work if it is practiced on both sides. Everything else is at the expense of the side that remains committed.

Sometimes it helps to imagine the roles reversed to evaluate the situation. Imagine, for example, that Bodgan and not Nelly would be in a second relationship with Martina. Whoever believes that Nelly would agree with this is living in an illusion. There was a translation here some time ago in which Nelly talked to Bodgan that he had built up a too close relationship with Holly and Magan. This is really a statement that can not be surpassed in audacity, considering that Nelly now even makes vacations together with her second relationship.

I like your reversal idea.  Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Martina was the homebody, and Alberto kept showing up in b4 sexually with one of the girls. Would that have lasted? I have a feeling the girls are more territorial than the boys.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Alladino said:

I think Nelly is being unfair to Bodgan. Something like an open relationship can only work if it is practiced on both sides.

Another reason that Nelly is not well liked is that there are those who believe Nelly prohibits Bogdan from being friendly with the other girls.  If this is true then I agree this is troubling.  But I haven’t seen it or read it here reported by a translator.  

Also we all know Bogdan is gone often for 2-3 days at a time.  Who knows if this isn’t him exercising his extra-marital rights?  

1 hour ago, JenniferMom said:

I am the culprit!  I still think Nelly is unattractive and ugly but that is my opinion as you have yours and others theres. I believe it is not so much related to her looks as it is with what has transpired with this whole bi-sexual relationship and her not being a mature 30 year old responsible married woman! I can not conceive or imagine someone taking the vows of matrimony and then having affairs or sexual relations with another women or male. I guess in Russia it must be a way of life? I have no respect nor patience with someone interfering with a married couple as Martina has done and then mistreating (badly) the very person that has support her the most.  On a detour; I also can not believe that Martina would dare continue to criticize Alberto for not having a job when she does not as well.  Then, as many in the forum have also criticized Albert for not going with Martina to B4, why would I want to be around the very people that are trying to break them apart. Alberto does not speak Russian and perhaps he is most comfortable with people he can understand and a bit more mature.  It seems we has humans have to learn the hard way to understand! and perhaps to get it right! We should be happy with what we have and help to make each other better. I am sure Martina would approve of the same situation she has engaged in if it were to happen to her!! Would she most likely go on with life as if nothing were happening?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, yelt said:

I am the culprit!  I still think Nelly is unattractive and ugly but that is my opinion as you have yours and others theres. I believe it is not so much related to her looks as it is with what has transpired with this whole bi-sexual relationship and her not being a mature 30 year old responsible married woman! I can not conceive or imagine someone taking the vows of matrimony and then having affairs or sexual relations with another women or male. I guess in Russia it must be a way of life? I have no respect nor patience with someone interfering with a married couple as Martina has done and then mistreating (badly) the very person that has support her the most.  On a detour; I also can not believe that Martina would dare continue to criticize Alberto for not having a job when she does not as well.  Then, as many in the forum have also criticized Albert for not going with Martina to B4, why would I want to be around the very people that are trying to break them apart. Alberto does not speak Russian and perhaps he is most comfortable with people he can understand and a bit more mature.  It seems we has humans have to learn the hard way to understand! and perhaps to get it right! We should be happy with what we have and help to make each other better. I am sure Martina would approve of the same situation she has engaged in if it were to happen to her!! Would she most likely go on with life as if nothing were happening?

Well gee, I'm sure you calling Nelly unattractive and ugly really helps make her better.