Stephanie (2021) Part #1

7 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Shaving a garment.   Seems to be a new thing for removing lint.  

I myself I just use a piece of Duct Tape  and it works well.   :biggrin:

Certain fabrics develop what's known as pills (or maybe they all do at some point, IDK), some fabrics get bigger ones than others. They're little balls of fabric that give it a rough feel and sometimes noticeably used appearance. There have been mechanical devices around for decades for removing them, usually with little spinning, metal blades under a metal grid that basically "shaves" the pills off, with a removable chamber to catch them, so they don't get all over everything. But, I guess a razor does the trick, as well. :biggrin:

While lint can be removed with duct tape, pills are usually still attached to the fabric and may not come off at all with duct tape. Hence, the little pill shavers, or a razor, to cut them loose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, letsdothis said:

Certain fabrics develop what's known as pills (or maybe they all do at some point, IDK), some fabrics get bigger ones than others. They're little balls of fabric that give it a rough feel and sometimes noticeably used appearance. There have been mechanical devices around for decades for removing them, usually with little spinning, metal blades under a metal grid that basically "shaves" the pills off, with a removable chamber to catch them, so they don't get all over everything. But, I guess a razor does the trick, as well. :biggrin:

While lint can be removed with duct tape, pills are usually still attached to the fabric and may not come off at all with duct tape. Hence, the little pill shavers, or a razor, to cut them loose.

Something similar to Will Knots.  :biggrin:

• Haha 1