Provocative and thoughful questions by "Observer 1"

Point number 1) No we do not know the terms of the tenancy. Anything we guess is speculative, unless one has a copy of the contract. We only have our best guess as we apply our knowledge of business standards and practices, or apply our understanding of U.C.C, (Uniform Commercial Code) to the tenant, owner of the property and RLC's relationship.

Point number 2) Concerning previous or current information on facebook: As I understand it, if pictures and names are in Facebook, on You Tube, My Space, Tumbler or social media generally, the items are in the public domain. Public Domain literally refers to intellectual property rights that have expired, have been forfeited or are not applicable. That is the formal perspective. However informally,  public domain consists of works that are publically available.

It usually means works that are not available for private ownership, but are available for public use. Each social medial entity has its own standards which should be, consistent with its countries statutes governing intellectual property rights. The rule of thumb is, that if it is on facebook or public media generally, it is on public display for public consumption and usage.

Therefore, if a picture on Facebook is used on another venue (i.e, RLC) and ownership is not claimed by the user, it is in the public domain and can be legally posted. It can be posted by friends, family or WHOMEVER has the ability to copy and paste. What is considered private pictures to be used only by friends and family is a generous and sentimental thought. Those are strictly personal feelings by whoever is stating them.  However, by social media and statutory standards, pictures and names can be used legally and posted for public distribution. 

Last point number 3) we certainly do not know why their tenancy was abruptly halted. As an opinion, until it is conclusively proven otherwise, I doubt the pictures had anything to do with the reason they are not now present on the site. Additionally, what we can not know is what is in the minds of Diane and Efim. therefore, We can only imagine why they do not use their real names, but we do not and will not know until they tell us. All we can do is subjectively speculate and infer.

Dalien

Guest ivandopalo

it is because of the stalking, posting photos and videos from RLC, posting photos from facebook and some other stuff.

why can't u just watch?

be nice and we'll come back.

thanks to people who support us.

D&E

it is because of the stalking, posting photos and videos from RLC, posting photos from facebook and some other stuff.

why can't u just watch?

D&E

really?  ::)

As I understand it, if pictures and names are in Facebook, on You Tube, My Space, Tumbler or social media generally, the items are in the public domain. Public Domain literally refers to intellectual property rights that have expired, have been forfeited or are not applicable. That is the formal perspective. However informally,  public domain consists of works that are publically available.
This just isn't true. If I post a photo on Facebook, I license Facebook to use that image in some ways (ie posting the photo in people's newsfeeds, possibly using it in ads, etc).  However, I still own the copyright in that image. If someone else posts that image elsewhere, I can make them take it down or sue them. The images are most definitely not in the public domain in any legal sense.

Moreover, who cares? It's fucking creepy to take someone's photos off their personal page and post them on a site like this. It's even worse when it's done associated with their real name. Camcaps should ban any posts like this and ban any user who does it.

This just isn't true. If I post a photo on Facebook, I license Facebook to use that image in some ways (ie posting the photo in people's newsfeeds, possibly using it in ads, etc).  However, I still own the copyright in that image. If someone else posts that image elsewhere, I can make them take it down or sue them. The images are most definitely not in the public domain in any legal sense.

Moreover, who cares? It's fucking creepy to take someone's photos off their personal page and post them on a site like this. It's even worse when it's done associated with their real name. Camcaps should ban any posts like this and ban any user who does it.

Right on. Like I have said before, I hope they find out who this KASTRONI person and bring some sort of legal action against him.

I can hardly blame them for leaving.  Someone has crossed the line (and I cannot blame them either).  The internet is fair game.  There isn't any policing or protection except by the sites themselves, and half the time that's not even good enough.  Ironically, too many of us want the freedom the internet offers without any rules, but when we are negatively affected, then they want protection for ourselves.  Unfortunately, we can't have it both ways.

In D&E's case, hopefully they were informed (by RLC) of the consequences of participating in RLC.  If not, then I would hope they at least have self knowledge and/or an understanding of what can happen.  It's the same with any of us who have a facebook, instagram, myspace, twitter, email etc. account/profile.  No matter what policies are in place, there is no guarentee that any information you upload and share with others will be completely protected.

But, more importantly, I would hope that all of the couples on RLC would take a lesson from the Hollywood celebrities and learn how to best protect themselves from outsiders (i.e. stalkers and any other unwanted fans).  RLC should also work harder in protecting these couples as well.

I think RLC is doing everything they can to protect these couples' identities.  Simultaneously, they are in uncharted waters and didn't expect things to turn out as they have.  The watermark is just one example, as well as their attempts in ridding pics and vids from the message boards.

I really hope that D&E comes back.  I was just about to leave RLC until they were added.  I guess we'll see what happens this month. 

why can't u just watch?

D&E

I understand you don't want recordings published, you/rlc has the copyright to this. However if you let the whole world watch your apartment/lives 24/7, then you should expect there to be invasion of privacy and rights. After all, that's the whole point of the rlc site.

I think you should discuss with the rlc team the posiibility of publishing your own videos straight from the rlc site. For example let users decide what is worth recording, and then have those videos published in the members section. I think a good deal of why recording are published is because poeple feel they missed important parts.

Now, it seems the recording illegally published here are mostly the sex things, but also consider reading the interest in your party when poeple started. Then your friends made into a sex fest which I thought was a shame. Most couples onn the site don't do anything interesting, like most poepe at home. Now you come along and bring some actual entetainment with music and singing. Then somehow a few days later all that interesting is the sex, which I personally could care less about since there are way cheaper options for that.

Short conclusion: Expect there te be invasion of privacy, if you can't deal with that, stay away. If you can, then please give poeple something to watch besides the sex. Also consider monetising on publishing your own high quality recordings. You as a couple could turn the site around in make a name for yourself with high quality music/entertainment recordings for example.

I understand you don't want recordings published, you/rlc has the copyright to this. However if you let the whole world watch your apartment/lives 24/7, then you should expect there to be invasion of privacy and rights. After all, that's the whole point of the rlc site.

You couldn't be more wrong. That is no NOT the point of RLC.