B2 - General Topic 2023 #4 (April / May)

Le 4/22/2023 à 1:56 PM, kris66 a dit :

Some people in these forums throw around the word "jealous" as they got no other intelligent arguments.

Might that be because there *are* no other intelligent arguments? 😉 But at least, in your sentence above, you (subconsciously?) acknowledged it as an intelligent argument. 🙂 (otherwise you'd have written "no intelligent arguments").

3 minutes ago, Epikouros said:

Might that be because there *are* no other intelligent arguments? 😉 But at least, in your sentence above, you (subconsciously?) acknowledged it as an intelligent argument. 🙂 (otherwise you'd have written "no intelligent arguments").

A small error. It should have said "no intelligent arguments."

• Haha 1

Il y a 4 heures, rafan a dit :

Ari is not very bright, she put Ukrainian flag upside down in her room, she don`t even know her own flag

I noticed that too.

Did Ari put that painting of an upside down Ukrainian flag up herself, or was it already hanging there when she arrived?... (Is she Ukrainian or Russian by the way? Or from somewhere else?)

Or maybe it's just that the little thingy at the at the back of the painting to fasten it to the wall is on the wrong side, so the painting would fall to the ground when hung correctly?...

6 minutes ago, Epikouros said:

I noticed that too.

Did Ari put that painting of an upside down Ukrainian flag up herself, or was it already hanging there when she arrived?... (Is she Ukrainian or Russian by the way? Or from somewhere else?)

Or maybe it's just that the little thingy at the at the back of the painting to fasten it to the wall is on the wrong side, so the painting would fall to the ground when hung correctly?...

Lavi did that painting and left on the LR. I guess Ari saw that panting and hang on her room wall.

9 minutes ago, Epikouros said:

I noticed that too.

When one sees the American flag hanging upside down it is a sign that it is in peril.  Perhaps there is similar symbolism associated with the Ukranian flag?

• Like 1

il y a 12 minutes, Temp a dit :

When one sees the American flag hanging upside down it is a sign that it is in peril.  Perhaps there is similar symbolism associated with the Ukranian flag?

That might indeed be a valid explanation, though I don't know if that symbolism exists in Ukraine / Eastern Europe (and didn't know it about the US). Or if it doesn't, maybe Ari (or her predecessors) adopted it after hearing/reading about it.

6 minutes ago, Epikouros said:

That might indeed be a valid explanation, though I don't know if that symbolism exists in Ukraine / Eastern Europe (and didn't know it about the US). Or if it doesn't, maybe Ari (or her predecessors) adopted it after hearing/reading about it.

Not a revelation or rocket science.  Its common throughout the world.  Clearly this girl has you both beat.  Ukraine is suffering.  

Ari is a pretty girl, by the way, nice figure (breasts might be a bit perkier, but no one's perfect), although it's her beautiful face that takes the cake. And not too shy either (especially compared to her housemates).

I have a feeling she would fit in better in a more fun-oriented place, as her housemates seem rather boring, to put it mildly...