Any Way of Putting All The Political Topics on Ignore

You have it right. There are a few of us that try and put in a centerists view and we are ridiculed too. So, why bother! It keeps the children busy and mostly off of the other boards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2023 at 3:18 AM, happyone said:

Trying to list the 5 major offenders-- Spying1, StarLight28, Ridgerunner, Nicolas, pulo filipe.  Did I get it right--or did you mean me included??

Ich fühle mich nicht angesprochen. Ich versuche nach Kräften sachliche Kommentare und Erklärungen zu posten, werde von anderen jedoch permanent gemobbt oder beleidigt. Vieles ignoriere ich inzwischen, doch nicht alles ist mir möglich.

6 hours ago, StarLight28 said:

I don't feel addressed. I try my best to post factual comments and explanations, but I'm constantly bullied or insulted by others. I ignore a lot of things now, but not everything is possible for me.

But not everything you post is truly factual. It is only factual to you, because you can only go on the information provided to you. There is no fact producing media anymore. It's all guided to one side or the other and many times it's worded to make you think it is fact and to start arguments from the other side, no matter which side it is. It is one thing to have a debate about something, it is quite another to sit behind a keyboard calling others derogatory names. That makes for an annoying thread which keeps others out from expressing their opinion. 

On 5/3/2023 at 8:26 PM, dougiestyle4u said:

Aggravating to always see the political shit popping up. Is there any way to hide these topics with an Ignore Button. Don't care to see any of this crap since it gets way overboard, just plain stupid and argumentative or divisive . We can ignore members but it would be nice if none of this useless shit even appears when I sign in. Only a few members participate in these topics anyways. When I bring up the list of All Activity to see what is happening in other topics I have to scroll through all the bullshit political headings. For me, I want it to all go away.

HELP!!!!

You can delete your account & you won't have to worry about seeing anything that will offend you 😉 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Not true. Simply deleting his account only means that he doesn't have to sign in. He can view it anytime he wants, simply by opening the site.

correctamundo. I thanked him for his suggestion because it was lame. Since political discussions is an allowed free-for-all it would be interesting if camcaps allowed a religious discussion topic. Just imagine the free-for-all with disgusting words being posted. Politics and religion debates only cause friction and hatred and even worse shit. Even talk about guns is a lost cause. I will stick with something I like - nudity and sex.

• Like 1

Politics, real estate and religion. The reason every war around the world has been fought. Without those 3 things, the human race might just get along. Though I seriously doubt it.

• Like 1

In der Geschichte stehen Religionen als trauriger  Spitzenreiter der Gründe für Kriege an erster Stelle. Gewaltsame Christianisierung von einer Religion welche gerne "Nächstenliebe" predigt aber Gewalt gegen anders denkende Menschen ausübt und "Hexen" verbrannte. Schon Karl Marx sagte: "Religion ist Opium für das Volk". Politische Parteien und Systeme werden zunehmend zu "Ersatzreligionen", wie der unversöhnliche Hass in den USA zwischen Republikaner und Demokraten deutlich macht.

Religion als Quelle des Unheils hatte bereits in den 80er Jahren der schweizerische katholische Professor für Kirchenrecht Dr. Hans Küng in seinem Buch "Weltfrieden durch Religionsfrieden" beschrieben.

Bild_2023_08_14_09_41_51_357.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StarLight28 said:

wie der unversöhnliche Hass in den USA zwischen Republikaner und Demokraten deutlich macht

as the implacable hatred in the US between Republicans and Democrats makes clear.

Don't have to worry about an eventual civil war because both parties are taking turns destroying their own country - dumbass politicians AND voters.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's always been boring. At least since all the pictures and videos were taken down. The loss of the political sections only means there will be less hate, discontent and less posting of bullshit from both sides of the aisle.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

It's always been boring. At least since all the pictures and videos were taken down. The loss of the political sections only means there will be less hate, discontent and less posting of bullshit from both sides of the aisle.

At least there are no OK Corral gun fights in here 😏

• Haha 1