Blowing up our own equipment in Iraq and Syria no wonder were going broke

itsme

"The U.S has hit 41 Humvees since attacks began in August, according to data from United States Central Command."

"If we want them [the Iraqi military] to be able to secure their own borders in the long run, we're going to have to re-equip them," said Harrison. "So we'll be buying another Humvee and sending it back to the Iraqi military.''

"The overall cost of U.S. operations in Iraq and Syria rose this week with the U.S.'s first strikes inside Syria. That campaign began on Monday evening with the blunt force of 47 Tomahawk missiles, which cost about $1.5 million each.

The U.S. led coalition sent 48 strike-ready aircraft. Those formations included the first combat mission for the F-22 Raptor, which costs about $62,000 an hour to fly, making it the most expensive manned aircraft to operate.

Those aircraft were likely carrying bombs that range in cost from $20,000 to $30,000."

http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/25/news/f22-raptor-humvee/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

So were blowing up our own equipment and then sending them new equipment, meanwhile many of our own cites can't even afford to bus kids to school anymore. Doesn't any see a problem with that?

I have absolutely no faith that the ruling Progressive Democrats want to win a war or know how to win a war, and I believe their strategy to wage peace is to seek it through surrender and retreat, while stabbing our allies in the back, bleeding the American middle class dry, and handcuffing our troops with utterly foolish terms of engagement.

I don't know whose side the current Administration is on, but it obviously favors militant Islam at our personal expense. If you mark the territory gained by the enemy since the leftists rose to power in the US,  you'll see that the map of North Africa and the Middle East is now substantially more dangerous than when Bush left office. Substantially.

Telling your enemy you're going to go home to mommy precisely at noon, that you have no strategy to fight him, and that you won't hit him with any thing other than a rubber chicken, is a military and an intelligence blunder of the first magnitude.

I'm all for kicking ass when justified, and no one has any doubts that the US Military as currently constituted represents the most powerful class of warriors ever existing on the face of the Earth. But their civilian leader is incompetent, ignorant, and downright dangerous to the nation. Hence, Obama's efforts to look like a real man just before an election aren't going to help anybody.

Except radical Islam and Putin.

I have absolutely no faith that the ruling Progressive Democrats want to win a war or know how to win a war, and I believe their strategy to wage peace is to seek it through surrender and retreat, while stabbing our allies in the back, bleeding the American middle class dry, and handcuffing our troops with utterly foolish terms of engagement.

I don't know whose side the current Administration is on, but it obviously favors militant Islam at our personal expense. If you mark the territory gained by the enemy since the leftists rose to power in the US,  you'll see that the map of North Africa and the Middle East is now substantially more dangerous than when Bush left office. Substantially.

Telling your enemy you're going to go home to mommy precisely at noon, that you have no strategy to fight him, and that you won't hit him with any thing other than a rubber chicken, is a military and an intelligence blunder of the first magnitude.

I'm all for kicking ass when justified, and no one has any doubts that the US Military as currently constituted represents the most powerful class of warriors ever existing on the face of the Earth. But their civilian leader is incompetent, ignorant, and downright dangerous to the nation. Hence, Obama's efforts to look like a real man just before an election aren't going to help anybody.

Except radical Islam and Putin.

image.jpg

"The U.S has hit 41 Humvees since attacks began in August, according to data from United States Central Command."

I bet the guy that owns the Humvee factory isn't complaining. And sadly it's a private company, so you can't buy shares!

The_cost_of_war.jpg

Remember, this is in real money (British pounds) and does not include small arms fire. In addition, the French could have potentially fired a similar amount and the Germans most likely the same if not more in retaliation.

Anywhere between 6 and 10 million in one day's fighting. That's a fortune in today's money. In 1918 you could have bought the country with what was spent on ammunition instead of bombarding them.