Daylight out at 11:30PM

They are in St. Petersburg Russia  which  is in the northwest corner which is very close to Finland.  During the summer  their daylight  lasts  far longer than it does in the US. I think it is 18-20 hours.

The downside  is that during  the winter,  they have very little daylight.  maybe 6 hours worth.

I'm just guessing at the numbers  but  it's pretty close to that.

They are in St. Petersburg Russia  which  is in the northwest corner which is very close to Finland.  During the summer  their daylight  lasts  far longer than it does in the US. I think it is 18-20 hours.

The downside  is that during  the winter,  they have very little daylight.  maybe 6 hours worth.

I'm just guessing at the numbers  but  it's pretty close to that.

That's why they freeze their ass off in the Winter.  Not much sun for warmth.

By the looks of the apartments they must get cold in the winter since most of them still use the old dinosaur hot water radiators for heat instead of natural gas like we rich nations have.

St Petersburg is on 60º north, all states of the US is south of that, except for Alaska. I live roughly on the same degree. That does not give daylight during nights! But the sky doesn't get dark either during summer. A sunset in this part can last for an hour or so. Winter time (21 December) it gets light around 8,30 am and dark around 3 pm. The further north you get the mor difference between night and day light time. Around the equator the difference is as little as possible. Go further south and you will notice the same fenomena again.

Both Leora & Paul and Maya & Stepan live almost this far north. But in those apartments there are no cameras placed so you can look out the windows. Otherwise you would see the same thing there. In Leora's case you can see the sky reflected in the cupboards in the kitchen...

Living this far north should give us the same climate as the people in the middle of Canada or the ones on the south tip of Greenland. But the Golf stream, a warm sea current provides enough warmth to make this part of the world possible to live in, though we get enormous amounts of rain.

Don't know where to post this, so to avoid a new thread...

I noticed the grey front door of this unit is actually 2 doors sandwiched together.  Why is that? For security, insulation, noise abatement or something else?  Is this typical of the area location?