Karma votes

cacjc

I understand how they work but what i can't understand is why most all of our best posters have so many down votes

for example :Foamy T. Squirrel +75/-872

CC County Sheriff +140/-1269

euromike69          +95/-472

StnCld316            +274/-1128

magician              +69/-93

Buster                  +121/-1553

just to name a few

i can understand if someone says something you don't like by giving them a down vote anger takes over

and that seems to be happening

what is not happening is giving them plus votes when they do something you do like or post something you like

Actually around here on cc - karma is good to have.. Really we pay no attention to karma. One of the older old timers will probably chime in and explain it better. My mind is foggy about the whole situation and I am to lazy to search for the thread talking about the karma. Now back to looking in on the Goddess...

I understand how they work but what i can't understand is why most all of our best posters have so many down votes

just to name a few

i can understand if someone says something you don't like by giving them a down vote anger takes over

and that seems to be happening

what is not happening is giving them plus votes when they do something you do like or post something you like

When I first joined Cam Caps I thought the Karma ratings were a bit strange then I found out as time went along if someone likes what you posted or quoted they give a minus or down and if they don't like they give an up.  Kind of backwards but after awhile you never notice it really that much.

It can be confusing for new members coming on board.

Yes, this karma thing is very confusing...  If, as SC says, minus karma is good... then SanPer58's rating of +445/-229 is totally misleading.  There's no way, in my mind, that more people are unhappy (+ karma) with his posts then are happy (- karma) with them. 

Maybe Foamy could chime in here because I read somewhere on here soon after I became a member, an explanation of his about karma, but it didn't answer the + / - (good / bad) question for me. 

I think because San Per posted such consistently good photos and gifs he drew a lot of attention from new people, people passing through or indeed people that didn't know how the +/- system worked. 

So to show their appreciation they clicked the, logical, + sign without knowing it's inverted here.

Yes, this karma thing is very confusing...  If, as SC says, minus karma is good... then SanPer58's rating of +445/-229 is totally misleading.  There's no way, in my mind, that more people are unhappy (+ karma) with his posts then are happy (- karma) with them. 

Maybe Foamy could chime in here because I read somewhere on here soon after I became a member, an explanation of his about karma, but it didn't answer the + / - (good / bad) question for me.

There was a discussion on one of threads a while back. I'd say at least a year ago but that's a lot of digging into threads when you don't know the exact thread it's on. I am sure Foamy or Sherriff can elaborate in more detail about it.

Over -1500??  :o

Because we are famous,and even celebrities like us always have our haters,I just think of it as someone somewhere taking the time out of their pathetic day,to think about me,and so far they thought about me 472 times,they must have an obsession lmaoo!!

I really wish though that CC had a feature that showed you exactly who the people are that voted for bad Karma,that shit would be hilarious ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I bet they would not give any minus if they knew you could find out who they are euromike

these type of people are gutless

Yes they sure are,Stncld is half right though,back in the day around 2012-2013 negative karma meant something good but not anymore,2014-present when someone does it that means that they hate your ass for something that you either said or posted,they hide behind a computer and frantically hit the bad karma button every hour until they get tired and log off,feeling good about themselves like they had somehow accomplished something,and that by giving me bad karma on CC that's somehow gonna stop me from speaking my mind our taking away my house,car,money and put me out on the streets,in life no matter what you do Cacjc there will always be haters and people that are always going to try to tear you down but you just gotta laugh them off a let them know that they don't have any effect on you whatsoever,giving in to them lets them win,and that's what they wanna do,drag you down to their level,I hope that this explains how things work around here these days. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I bet they would not give any minus if they knew you could find out who they are euromike

these type of people are gutless