How do you get the smilies?

English

I don't think that should make any difference, but who knows. The forum software stays the same no matter what platform you run.

I changed to W10 with Edge about 2 weeks ago and since then very little works. I can't add a smile (not that I do) can't make text bold, etc. Same issue with a lot of sites, not just CC.

I had this same problem for a while after an Ubuntu upgrade, but only with Chrome. I couldn't even get the font icons. It worked fine on Firefox, however, so I used that for posting comments.

You might try various browsers and see if they behave differently. I expect that there will be plenty of glitches with Edge, especially since MicroSoft has not been known for designing decent browsers.

I changed to W10 with Edge about 2 weeks ago and since then very little works. I can't add a smile (not that I do) can't make text bold, etc. Same issue with a lot of sites, not just CC.

W10 also comes with Internet Explorer 11 as well. I hate Edge because for the fact the pop-up blocker doesn't block anything and that User Account Control garbage. I'm the only one using the computer and I get pestered every app I click whether I want to allow it or not. The registry can be modified to disable UAC but by doing that then the Windows Store and Apps cannot be used because they have been disabled.

I am seriously thinking of doing a (LLF) Low Level Format while I sleep and switch it back to Windows 7 when I get up in the morning. At least I know my system works flawlessly on Windows 7.

And they rode my ass because I went back to 8.1. Although I was using Chrome in Win 10, the rest of stuff wouldn't work correctly, or I had to do work arounds to get to what I wanted.

8.1 will be supported for a long time. I'll get the spyware version of Win if I'm forced to.

I had this same problem for a while after an Ubuntu upgrade, but only with Chrome. I couldn't even get the font icons. It worked fine on Firefox, however, so I used that for posting comments.

You might try various browsers and see if they behave differently. I expect that there will be plenty of glitches with Edge, especially since MicroSoft has not been known for designing decent browsers.

:) Ahh the smiles work in IE just not in Edge.

Thanks for that tip, never thought about trying a different browser.  :-[

Many times the solution stares you right in the face, but it takes someone else to open your eyes to it. Personally I seem to fit in good with Chrome. IE pissed me off so many times. I had to find something besides FireFox.

Many times the solution stares you right in the face, but it takes someone else to open your eyes to it. Personally I seem to fit in good with Chrome. IE pissed me off so many times. I had to find something besides FireFox.

Edge has an alternate extra for the window - Open with Internet Explorer, so I did. Crashed in 5 seconds flat.