I"m wondering

Lately White and Sara have been going out real late at night, after 11-12 and coming in real early. Is there a certain night life in their city?  Is it customary in European countries to go out very late at night like this?  I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm just wondering.  As an American generally we are making our way home after 2 am or so and we generally hit the clubs from 9-11 pm.  Is it different in Europe?  In Russia?  Just curious...

Yes, it is different. They are in Barcelona, Spain and clubs generally don't get going until like 1 am and can go to like 5 or 6 am. Night life there for young people is very lively and late. I know this from the Nora days in this apartment. Kamila and Kristy used to go clubbing until 6 am. Just wish the girls would spend sometime downstairs. Ilona is always on her laptop, not her phone and Sara is always getting dolled up or dressed up. That's ok, I am almost always on my laptop also, but no one is paying to watch me.

Lately White and Sara have been going out real late at night, after 11-12 and coming in real early. Is there a certain night life in their city?  Is it customary in European countries to go out very late at night like this?  I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm just wondering.  As an American generally we are making our way home after 2 am or so and we generally hit the clubs from 9-11 pm.  Is it different in Europe?  In Russia?  Just curious...

It really depends on the city you're in. In Berlin, for example, real night life & clubbing starts at midnight. Leaving for a club before is rather pointless. In London some clubs start late in the afternoon, but the have long party nights, too. Smaller cities sometimes don't a too extensive nightlife...

In the U.S., the sales of alcohol varies among the states. Nevada, for example, allows sales and consumption of booze 24 hours a day, every day of the year. This allows a 24/7/365 night clubbing lifestyle.

California doesn't allows sales between 2 am and 6 am. This allows police to hang out when the bars close and gather revenue from drunk drivers. It also pretty much puts the kibosh on the Barcelona-like lifestyle.

Florida gives counties latitude. Sales in Miami-Dade  are 24 hours. Puerto Rico has a no "last call" policy.

So Americans will look differently at Barcelona night and early morning night-clubbing lifestyle, depending upon which state they are from.

At one time, the Federal Government controlled alcohol, but that turned out to be the usual disaster, and was repealed.

There's a nice chart in this article if you like to drink adult beverages and plan on touring the United States: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_the_United_States

Barcelone est une ville à part. elle vit la nuit et apparemment les discothèques sont ouvertes toute la semaine. en France, les discothèques n'ouvrent en général que le jeudi, vendredi et samedi. mais il y a pleins d'autres endroits ouverts la semaine, les piano bars, les karaokés, les bars et les restaurants musicaux....

Barcelona is a city apart. she lives the night and apparently discos are open all week. France, discos usually open only on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. but there are plenty of other places open the week, piano bars, karaokes, bars and restaurants .... music

Guest TxFeller

Barcelona's tourist industry is intense, important, and international. Barcelona needs this income, and it needs people to have fun when they visit.

Let's hope it stays safe.

I share that hope, but if ISIS has in mind to eliminate all safe havens for Muslims around the world except for their proposed state, our hopes may be in vain. I pray we're not.