More racial than political

TBG 150

Got a Sam's Club membership? 

Sam’s Club CEO Is Paying Dearly For Anti-White Comments, Learning The Hard Way About Racism

Why would any CEO of a major international chain speak publicly and on the record to the media and insult and decry white males when a large part of your customer base happens to be those same “white males?”

It is simply inconceivable unless your strategy is to undermine the every company you’re working for, or perhaps position yourself for another future role, and use Sam’s Club as nothing more than a stepping stone, for whatever Rosalind Brewer is looking to achieve.

In that it’s become apparent that Sam’s Club is not on Brewer’s agenda, after her remarks on CNN came under fire, resulting in a massive movement by customers across the nation to boycott Sam’s Club which appears to be gaining national momentum.

Appearing on CNN Brewer let loose with her comments about diversity of the hiring process and condemnation of white males, stating; “It has to start with top leadership, my executive team is very diverse and I make that a priority. I demand it within my team.”

She continued; “Just today we met with a supplier and the entire other side of the table was all Caucasian males, that was interesting. I decided not to talk about it directly with (the supplier’s) folks in the room because there were actually no females, like, levels down. So I’m going to place a call to him.”

Ironically this so-called CEO decided  to place a call privately and discuss a seemingly sensitive issue with her supplier, however seems perfectly fine in going before national TV and  discuss that same sensitive issue…I do hope Hillary is taking notes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is nothing wrong with wanting diversity in your company. Just don't go against any particular group to do it.

The goal of getting rid of discrimination is to eventually treat everyone without a racial filter. 

Of course, we first must get to where people truly have equal opportunities, for all races and peoples.

We do not have that today.

Here is my take on Walmart and Sam's club, I too do not go to either one. I for many years served as volunteer on local youth sports club. (KIDS INCORPORATED) This is 501c3 non profit organization that provides the youth in our area the opportunity to participate in youth athletics for free, both girls and boys sports from time they are 8 yrs old until they are in 7th grade or 13 yrs of age.

This program was created in 1964 and continues today through donations, grants, and fundraisers, and the last year I was president, there were over 3000 kids that participated in the various programs.

We were given the miniature golf course that is in the park by the community building in the central park of our city, We chose as board to build new fun and family oriented miniature golf course.

Total price tag was to be about 80,000 dollars to construct. We began our fundraising campaign, and of course approached the local businesses and foundations for help.

Walmart and Sam's club advertise that give back to the community, I approached them on several occasions and went through the application process 3 times. Each time to be denied,

Not once did they even send a real explanation as why we were denied, just the generic BS, so being on another local board that promotes the city and is the oversight committee for the 1 cent sales tax collected, I found it quite interesting of our local community 19.6 percent of all retail business was transacted, at the either the local Walmart or the Sam's club stores combined. $180,963,000 dollars gross revenue for that year in question according to the tax rolls.

They sure as hell didn't give anything back to our community, and I have not stepped one foot inside a Walmart or Sam's club since. They are simply full of shit from CEO's all way to how participate in the community. 

I am not surprised at all by the comments of this woman, she obviously has issues, and should never reached the position of CEO in this, or any company. Pretty damn good explanation as to why we are getting our ass handed to us in the cooperate world. What happened to the best person for the job mentality? No lets be politically correct and lose our asses.

Appearing on CNN Brewer let loose with her comments about diversity of the hiring process and condemnation of white males, stating; “It has to start with top leadership, my executive team is very diverse and I make that a priority. I demand it within my team.”

She continued; “Just today we met with a supplier and the entire other side of the table was all Caucasian males, that was interesting. I decided not to talk about it directly with (the supplier’s) folks in the room because there were actually no females, like, levels down. So I’m going to place a call to him.”

Ironically this so-called CEO decided  to place a call privately and discuss a seemingly sensitive issue with her supplier, however seems perfectly fine in going before national TV and  discuss that same sensitive issue…I do hope Hillary is taking notes.

• Upvote 1

Thes, you impress me more each day! Your philanthropy is off the charts!

Walmart is just a horrible corporation. How they treat their workers is a horror.

The problem with today's corporations is that they have no incentive to do things for the social good. In fact they are obligated by corporate law to seek to maximize their profits. Never mind the fact that if they did things for the public good that people would like them more and buy more of their products or services. They don't see that. Very shortsighted, the same way many of our politicians are today. I hope my son who is going into politics will be different. I think he will. I asked him to draw an ethical line that he will not cross and never cross it. I believe in his integrity. However... as with most politicians he already knows how to play the game. In fact, he is very good at it. This kid is only 19 years old and can cite Supreme Court decisions and full analysis! I told him he should be a Supreme Court Justice one day. But he doesn't want to go to law school. (My wallet thanks you!). He wants to advise Washington DC democrats on how to win congressional races. he could also be a good campaign manger or communications director. Sky is the limit for him. He already was living in his own apartment in his sophomore year. Who does that? I didn't do it until my senior year. ironically though, he hates the DNC and his DC Fed Dem group has fought with them and won!

Back to corporations. They control our politics and politicians. they write our laws to benefit them. But there are a few responsible corporations like Google and Microsoft and several other tech companies. The benefits they give their employees are phenomenal. Treat people right and they will work like dogs for you! Treat them wrong and morale will suck. No  wonder as Thes says we are having our corporate asses handed to us around the world. And we even have one of the most productive workforces in the world! Imagine what we could do if we treated our employees well!

• Upvote 1