CamCaps not Responding and tab locks up -

DaMutt11

For the past two days I have been getting random tab-lockups, where IE11 stops responding and gives me a 'Recover Page' info bar.  Click 'Recover' does recover the page but it has never happened before, and I've been here what almost a year now I think.

Seems to happen most when scrolling picture threads while the page is loading.  I always run Camcaps in 'Private Browsing' mode, so seems that images are flushed on a regular basis and they download over and over thus a lot of scrolling as the 'anchor point' of last viewed image is not being set, again likely due to use of Private Browsing feature.

Anyone else been getting lockups with IE11 ?

I'm also wondering if its related to the new cams ads with live cams in the ads...

For the past two days I have been getting random tab-lockups, where IE11 stops responding and gives me a 'Recover Page' info bar.  Click 'Recover' does recover the page but it has never happened before, and I've been here what almost a year now I think.

Seems to happen most when scrolling picture threads while the page is loading.  I always run Camcaps in 'Private Browsing' mode, so seems that images are flushed on a regular basis and they download over and over thus a lot of scrolling as the 'anchor point' of last viewed image is not being set, again likely due to use of Private Browsing feature.

Anyone else been getting lockups with IE11 ?

I'm also wondering if its related to the new cams ads with live cams in the ads...

I'll have to test this. Part of it could be that I've been doing some database tweaks this weekend which requires restarting the database and web server.

i haven't experienced any of what you posted about but tonight cam 2 in the girls apartment kept lagging big time.  whomever runs real life cam needs to pull their head out and update there whole system.  this lagging issue is crazy!

Lagging has always been a issue with RLC. They are just to cheap to do any upgrades or buy more bandwidth. They have this thing in their heads that 5 MBPS will hold the load fine which it doesn't.  Sites such as RLC should be operating with a Minimum Bandwidth of 50 MBPS

I'm still getting lock ups and now I'm almost certain they are coming from the ads for the cam-chat.. Three times now I have caught the lockup and the ads are failing to load showing what is sometimes known as the 'green screen of death', i.e. usually a Flash crash, though I don't have flash enabled on IE 11, but the green screens are coming from the ads, so perhaps its locked up on their end, sending something that IE11 freezes on....

gr8bFgs.jpg

I'm still getting lock ups and now I'm almost certain they are coming from the ads for the cam-chat.. Three times now I have caught the lockup and the ads are failing to load showing what is sometimes known as the 'green screen of death', i.e. usually a Flash crash, though I don't have flash enabled on IE 11, but the green screens are coming from the ads, so perhaps its locked up on their end, sending something that IE11 freezes on....

Try going into Control Panel. Click on Internet Options then go to the Advanced Tab. At the bottom you will see where it shows  Reset Internet Explorer Setting.  Click the reset. This should set your IE11 Browser back to the Default Settings.

Download Chrome or Firefox. They're free. Let me know if it seizes up on those. It's safer to have access to multiple browsers on your system, any way. Some browsers do things better; I don't touch IE myself...just the way I roll.

(PS: RLC throttles unpaid users down when their traffic gets heavy, hence the lag time. But CC should still work OK, even on IE, until IE or Adobe Flash get buried. I give 'em, both a year more of life, but that's just my humble speculative opinion.)

Download Chrome or Firefox. They're free. Let me know if it seizes up on those. It's safer to have access to multiple browsers on your system, any way. Some browsers do things better; I don't touch IE myself...just the way I roll.

(PS: RLC throttles unpaid users down when their traffic gets heavy, hence the lag time. But CC should still work OK, even on IE, until IE or Adobe Flash get buried. I give 'em, both a year more of life, but that's just my humble speculative opinion.)

Adobe Flash is on its way out. Same as Microsoft Silverlight will soon be gone as well. Wouldn't surprise me if the JRE Java Applet will soon disappear as well.

After I win that $60Million Lotto Max tonight I'll have the best computer that Money can buy. :yes:

Adobe Flash is on its way out. Same as Microsoft Silverlight will soon be gone as well. Wouldn't surprise me if the JRE Java Applet will soon disappear as well.

After I win that $60Million Lotto Max tonight I'll have the best computer that Money can buy. :yes:

Speaking of JRE going away, YES!  here:

https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/entry/moving_to_a_plugin_free

I've not had Java JRE on this machine in over 2 yrs now.. no regrets, nothing missed, other than the malware attempts to exploit Java.