Gumbo

HarleyFatboy

is there any gumbo fans out there?  my wife and i went over to another couples house tonight and had some of the best chicken, sausage, and shrimp gumbo you could ever put in your mouth.  fresh saltine crackers and homemade cornbread with some ice cold shiner bock, it doesn't get much better than that lol.

Yes sir TGB, that is some damn good eatin for sure. Although I had a hard time understanding ol'e  Walter when he spoke. That guy would fry up a turkey in that same pot for thanksgiving. Man o man was that good, spicy and different. I kinda like different experiences in life. ANd of course you are so right, a craw-fish and big ole shrimps from the gulf boiled up togther with corn, taters and okra.

Yes sir TGB, that is some damn good eatin for sure. Although I had a hard time understanding ol'e  Walter when he spoke. That guy would fry up a turkey in that same pot for thanksgiving. Man o man was that good, spicy and different. I kinda like different experiences in life. ANd of course you are so right, a craw-fish and big ole shrimps from the gulf boiled up togther with corn, taters and okra.

quite tasty i must admit.  that's how we do it down here in the south!

I've been leary about Gulf seafood since the Deep Water Horizon cover up. There are billions of barrels of that shit just laying on the Gulf floor creating a seriously toxic environment to marine life there. Lobster, shrimp, clams, oysters, mussels, crayfish/crawfish, porpoise, and fish in general. It will take a hundred years for the Earth to cleanse itself of that mess. I'm no Greenie, but I know a cover-up when I see it.

I try and get my fresh seafood when I go to the Florida Keys. I get down there about once a month and take a 60 quart cooler with me. Seafood is good for you if it isn't poisoned. 

Yea I agree , man I use to go to Galveston and those huge jumbo shrimp, the same way take a big cooler and Buy up all I could fit in the cooler at the  fisherman wharf. I don't think many of get nearly enough seafood in our diet's unless you along the coast. I have flown in Maine lobsters for big event with my company, and the most of employee's had never even seen a real large lobster like those, Man they were awesome. UUMMMM UUUMMM GOOD

Keep that Maine rubber crap. Sink your teeth into a warm water bug and you know that you're eating. Sweet, tender and lots of flavor. Not like that Maine/cold water bug that is like eating a rare skirt steak. Tough and tasteless.