MacBook Pro

27 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Well I tried to logon to RLC to see the free cams for the first time in a long long time and it tells me this;  Unsupported Video Format. Try installing Adobe Flash.

Anybody have any ideas how I can fix this problem?

All I use are Mac's and I have no issues.  Is your browser up to date.  I can get RLC on safari, firefox and chrome.  Chrome is my normal choice though.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Well I tried to logon to RLC to see the free cams for the first time in a long long time and it tells me this;  Unsupported Video Format. Try installing Adobe Flash.

Anybody have any ideas how I can fix this problem?

http://mac.filehorse.com/download-flash-player/    This is the Flash Player for Mac.  When installing set it to never remind me of updates.

• Upvote 1

I have a 2009 version of MBPro (company 'puter)  but I have always had windows (XP then 7) on it because of the tools I need. I prefer the complexities of Linux because I have never liked being led down the Primrose Path as Mac, and now Windows10 Bloatware, does to its users. 

5 minutes ago, ww_watcher said:

I have a 2009 version of MBPro (company 'puter)  but I have always had windows (XP then 7) on it because of the tools I need. I prefer the complexities of Linux because I have never liked being led down the Primrose Path as Mac, and now Windows10 Bloatware, does to its users. 

The last time I used anything windows, I used XP Pro and liked it allot.   I don't know squat about any of the new Windows versions!!  I like my Mac but now I'm very frustrated and that is something I don't need right now!!

the MBPro is a good machine. I agree with Albacore on the browser choice though. Just for the record, though, both VLC and Chrome (Chromium) came from Linux land. You might keep that in mind when it's time to migrate to another machine. 

11 minutes ago, ww_watcher said:

the MBPro is a good machine. I agree with Albacore on the browser choice though. Just for the record, though, both VLC and Chrome (Chromium) came from Linux land. You might keep that in mind when it's time to migrate to another machine. 

I'm not quite sure what you are saying here, could you elaborate a little bit more please.

By the way, I'm back online with the free cams but nobody is downstairs lol.......sometimes I just don't know why I waste my time!

I'm not for sure what the cause might have been, I was also having wifi problems at the same time.   Who knows.......not me!    It's funny when I think about it lol.....I used to build computers for all my friends and relatives but I've been away from doing it for so long I feel like a complete dumbass any more lol.

A few comments up Albacore said he is Maccentric and prefers using Chrome as his browser. I suggested using the VLC player because it plays everything, except M4P format, (Apple's protected format) and can also be used for format conversion. Both apps originated in Linux (UNIX) land and were ported over to the other OSes. So when it comes time to get another machine you should consider a machine with Ubuntu Linux. Linux is free and has thousands of techies and advanced users all over the world contributing to it; as opposed to the several hundred software geeks of MS and Apple paid to sell you their stuff. Now that RLC is boring you should go investigate the linux world and see for yourself. It is alot more user freindly than you think. AND did I mention it is FREE. Oh, also, like your cell phone, it has an app store built in.

• Upvote 1