Turkey has had a coup

Yup the military decided Erdogan was too much of a risk to what is a constitutional secular state - actually only one country in Europe has a state religion and that's not Vatican City but England (and that's only part of a state) - and creeping Gulf influence may well have been put to bed and they can start behaving like a proper member of NATO again.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BBsq69 said:

Yup the military decided Erdogan was too much of a risk to what is a constitutional secular state - actually only one country in Europe has a state religion and that's not Vatican City but England (and that's only part of a state) - and creeping Gulf influence may well have been put to bed and they can start behaving like a proper member of NATO again.

They could send Queen Lizzy over there.  Her wrinkled old face is enough to chase anyone away.

• Upvote 1

I hate bringing history into this, but the collapse of the Ottoman Empire precipitated a couple of world wars. Ottoman Turkey kept a lid on things in that region for a very long time; since its demise foreign powers have not been able to contain the area, bring order to the area, or understand the tribal cultures involved. Euro-diplomacy has had many failures in regards to this region.

The Obama administration's decision to surrender the Middle East and North Africa to militant Islam in support for an "Arab Spring" was neither wise nor helpful. That is an intentional understatement; but the recent events are not surprising given the incompetence and criminal negligence of some of the US government's leaders in the Executive Branch.

I would suggest we force our "leaders" to understand all the issues involved before they take sides. That's what we pay them for.

Sick Man of Europe 1915.JPG

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I hate bringing history into this, but the collapse of the Ottoman Empire precipitated a couple of world wars. Ottoman Turkey kept a lid on things in that region for a very long time; since its demise foreign powers have not been able to contain the area, bring order to the area, or understand the tribal cultures involved. Euro-diplomacy has had many failures in regards to this region.

The Obama administration's decision to surrender the Middle East and North Africa to militant Islam in support for an "Arab Spring" was neither wise nor helpful. That is an intentional understatement; but the recent events are not surprising given the incompetence and criminal negligence of some of the US government's leaders in the Executive Branch.

I would suggest we force our "leaders" to understand all the issues involved before they take sides. That's what we pay them for.

Sick Man of Europe 1915.JPG  2   174.1 kB

Surely Foamy, your not insinuating that that horse face, John Kerry, along with that black specter, that currently flutters around the White House are inept, and incompetent.  

For I see this con man, along with his braying jester as doing exactly what he had set out to do.   For he is merely transforming the middle east, in much the same way as he has been busy trying to transform this country.

*He wants to make Iran, and Isis, the controlling power over there.   His every action and inaction shows this to be the case.

And if Hillary, Obama's chosen one, should end up in the White House, it is America itself that will be left dying with her head now resting upon that sickly cot.   

5 minutes ago, woodworker said:

Surely Foamy, your not insinuating that that horse face, John Kerry, along with that black specter, that currently flutters around the White House are inept, and incompetent.  

For I see this con man, along with his braying jester as doing exactly what he had set out to do.   For he is merely transforming the middle east, in much the same way as he has been busy trying to transform this country.

*He wants to make Iran, and Isis, the controlling power over there.   His every action and inaction shows this to be the case.

And if Hillary, Obama's chosen one, should end up in the White House, it is America itself that will be left dying with her head now resting upon that sickly cot.   

You are absolutely right WW!

9 minutes ago, woodworker said:

Thanks Harley.   It's both sad, and worrisome.   But I see right through this most transparent administration of his. 

I know WW, it's very troubling and worrisome, not to mention just plain sad.   He has never been there for the good of the American people and it's very obvious!

14 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I know WW, it's very troubling and worrisome, not to mention just plain sad.   He has never been there for the good of the American people and it's very obvious!

Don't you think Obama choosing John Kerry in the negotiating role of that Iran deal was the perfect candidate. 

I mean, he must have known he could trust a traitor like John Kerry to carry out something so detrimental to both Israel and the United States.    Two countries Obama truly hates.

For a responsibility this great, he had to find someone who also loathes and hates this country almost as much as he does.