Who runs the site......

Howard

I smell yet another RLC DMCA take-down order of a third party site.

If the site copied stuff from CC or RLCF, and any of that stuff (especially the old stuff), it would explain the RLC bans that happened to CC and RLCF members.

This is another reminder to crop out the left-hand code, and watch for the Braille dots, kids!

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, KrispyKritter said:

Why does RLC get so fanatical about removing their videos and pictures in the first place?  It's so mysterious.

The content, video streams, materials, images, designs and other media (collectively, the "Content") which appear on RealLifeCam.com are protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws and may not be reproduced, transmitted, copied, edited, or published in any way whatsoever without the written permission of RealLifeCam.com. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution or use of the Content is strictly prohibited. Without exception, copyright violators will be pursued and prosectued to the fullest extent of the law.

And they mean it :angry:

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, KrispyKritter said:

Why does RLC get so fanatical about removing their videos and pictures in the first place?  It's so mysterious.

When User Subscribe for a RLC Account they are Bound by the Terms & Conditions that RLC puts forth.  Some Users will read the Terms & Conditions and others may not.

If any User Violates those Terms & Conditions then RLC acts in an Aggressive Manner to have that Content Removed. Once RLC spots the Content in Question they proceed with filing for a DMCA Takedown Order to the Offending Server where the Content is placed. Once the Offending Server receives that DMCA Takedown Order they must Comply and remove the Content in Question.

I myself don't really see why RLC proceeds in such a manner.  They should be glad with all the Free Advertising they are getting but in their books they don't see it as such.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

When User Subscribe for a RLC Account they are Bound by the Terms & Conditions that RLC puts forth.  Some Users will read the Terms & Conditions and others may not.

If any User Violates those Terms & Conditions then RLC acts in an Aggressive Manner to have that Content Removed. Once RLC spots the Content in Question they proceed with filing for a DMCA Takedown Order to the Offending Server where the Content is placed. Once the Offending Server receives that DMCA Takedown Order they must Comply and remove the Content in Question.

I myself don't really see why RLC proceeds in such a manner.  They should be glad with all the Free Advertising they are getting but in their books they don't see it as such.

I completely agree Stone Cold, the best advertising in the world is word of mouth, but they seem to believe that shooting themselves in the foot is the right approach.

They seem to have forgotten thier roots, that part of the reason the little ole' couples site became what it is today, is because of all the word of mouth provided by sites like Camcaps

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Thestarider said:
8 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I completely agree Stone Cold, the best advertising in the world is word of mouth, but they seem to believe that shooting themselves in the foot is the right approach.

They seem to have forgotten thier roots, that part of the reason the little ole' couples site became what it is today, is because of all the word of mouth provided by sites like Camcaps

They may just believe that giving everything away for free is not a good business idea at all. .. I like that there is less material online. ... It make hiding at least a bit less important for the residents.

BTW, I do not think there will be a lot people who found Camcaps before RLC. From RLC point of view, Camcaps is probably just as useful as a fly for a cow. 

2 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

There is an other side to it that is worth considering. In the last few months, there have way more sexual content than there used to be. This could be just a result of the new tenants being more daring and older ones becoming more comfortable, it could be that RLC gives incentives for this to happen but it could also be that tenants now have the insurance that there won't be (for the most part) videos all over the Internet of what they are doing.

• Upvote 1