Russia says it will shoot down American planes in Syria

On 10/6/2016 at 9:56 PM, StnCld316 said:

It's been over 70 Years since the last World War. As they always say History repeats itself.

This should have Obama flapping his lips.

Will it happen or are they blowing Hot Air out of their Asses.

I see another "Afghanistan" coming. 

I thought it funny when General Kovanekov made the reference to our new F-35s as "invisible jets" and us getting a disappointing surprise. I had a rather heated argument with a cousin, who is a retired marine aviator, over the wisdom of using this terribly over-hyped and ridiculously poorly designed aircraft. He defended it's efficacy with the usual crap about me not knowing what he knows about aircraft, while I said they were using tech that was easy to defeat, breaks down at the drop of a hat and expensive to repair, and their expectations will be more costly than reality and that reliance on this air frame is foolish at best. He will never admit that I have been in the engineering technologies (though his nuclear physicist dad and I talk tech for hours over cigars and beer) for so long that I am rarely fooled by the marketing and sales pitches used by powers that be (buy). 

3 minutes ago, ww_watcher said:

I see another "Afghanistan" coming. 

I thought it funny when General Kovanekov made the reference to our new F-35s as "invisible jets" and us getting a disappointing surprise. I had a rather heated argument with a cousin, who is a retired marine aviator, over the wisdom of using this terribly over-hyped and ridiculously poorly designed aircraft. He defended it's efficacy with the usual crap about me not knowing what he knows about aircraft, while I said they were using tech that was easy to defeat, breaks down at the drop of a hat and expensive to repair, and their expectations will be more costly than reality and that reliance on this air frame is foolish at best. He will never admit that I have been in the engineering technologies (though his nuclear physicist dad and I talk tech for hours over cigars and beer) for so long that I am rarely fooled by the marketing and sales pitches used by powers that be (buy). 

That was from 4 days ago. I haven't heard or seen anything about it since. So I think it's just a bunch of Politicians with Suits & Ties blowing Hot Air out of their Ying Yang.

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎14 at 1:36 AM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Actually, the US has not been "strutting it's stuff."

The accomplishments of the Obama/Hillary administration as regards foreign policy has been bending over and picking up the soap.

Every time they Strut their Stuff the Debt goes up another Trillion Dollars.  If Hillary becomes President, America will need God's help for sure because The Devil will be running the show. 

hillary-horns114bfc.jpg

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Actually, the US has not been "strutting it's stuff."

The accomplishments of the Obama/Hillary administration as regards foreign policy has been bending over and picking up the soap.

Yea, you're right. His laissez faire attitude toward Putin could be easily be seen as enabling.

• Upvote 1

a damn if you do/damn if you don't thing.

how about reinstating the draft so the whole population would be involved

instead of a small segment.

nothing wrong with seeing that you will lose a few battles to win the war.

we knew this was going to happen with Russia, when they rejected Gorby and picked Yelstin, who took marching orders from Putin in the background.

Bush, looked into Putin's eyes and seen a "good man".

at least, Obama doesn't make dumb comments and shows his dislike for him. no pretense but no need to go to war.

sorry, just typed for the moment without looking anything up.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't let yourself be fooled. Putin wants Hillary to win. He's gotten everything he wants from her and the Clinton Administration including control of North American uranium, free reign to threaten the Baltic states and the old Warsaw Pact nations, and, of course, a nice cozy relationship with Iran with which to fill the void left by the United States when Obama abdicated US influence in the Middle East and North Africa.

Plus, she can be bought.

As for Trump's comments about Putin, he at least respects Putin's skills at playing the power game and the fact that Putin wants his nation to be powerful instead of weak. The same qualities cannot be found in the current US President or its former Secretary of State.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gee, I guess this topic has changed from 2 days ago.

It used to piss off Reagan when he tried to negotiate with the USSR. His complaint is that their leader kept dying off.

Foreign leaders are well aware that the US is like a clock, and they have always known that the pendulum goes forth and back on a regular basis. And they've always bitched about it. The US has regularly been unpredictable in its predictability. I think a lot of people here with a Marxist leaning learned that again this week. :cool: