A Yiddish Kop

Nick

A Yiddish Kop

An old Jewish man lived alone in the country. He needed to plant his potato garden but the task was too daunting for the old man as the ground was hard. His only son, Chaim, who used to help him dig, was in federal prison for Insider Trading and Stock Fraud. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:
Dear Chaim;
I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my potato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me.
    Love, Papa
A few days later, the old man received a letter from his son:
       Dear Papa,
        For heaven's sake Dad, don't dig up that garden, that's where I buried the money & stocks.
        Love, Chaim
      At 4:00 a.m. the next morning,
        a team of FBI agents and local police arrived at the old man's house and dug up the entire garden
        area without finding any money or stocks.  They apologized to the old man and left.
        That same day the old man received another letter from his son:
       Dear Papa:
         Go ahead and plant the potatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.
         Love, Chaim