RLC MEMBERS: FALSE CHARGES on CREDIT CARD!

Howard

FYI folks...

I was last an RLC member 6 months ago (I was month-to-month). Didn't renew due to time conflicts (I'm 1/2 a world away from most RLC apartments). Two months ago there were two false charges (from what is now two non-existing companies) on my credit card. One for $199 and the other for $849. To make a long story short, I traced these false charges to SegPay; who does the billing for RLC (and did the two false transactions).  I'm not blaming SegPay - that's not the reason for this post.  Credit card theft can come from many places (and BTW, I did not have to pay these charges...but spent 4-5 hours tracing how they came to be).

Wanting to re-join RLC for a month, I bought a pre-paid debit card.  As it turns out, RLC DOES NOT ACCEPT pre-paid cards.  Main reason is they want your name and related information for marketing purposes (which IMO means they sell the information YOU PROVIDE to others; no matter what their "privacy policy" says).

So just a heads up guys. I'm not saying don't join RLC but review your credit/debit card statements monthly to confirm there are no false charges. And IMO, you're a fool if you allow recurring charges on your card from RLC via SegPay.  My credit card score is more important to me than getting a boner through the internet 1/2 a world away.

5 minutes ago, Howard said:

Wanting to re-join RLC for a month, I bought a pre-paid debit card.  As it turns out, RLC DOES NOT ACCEPT pre-paid cards.  Main reason is they want your name and related information for marketing purposes (which IMO means they sell the information YOU PROVIDE to others; no matter what their "privacy policy" says).

That's not quiete true i'm using a Prepaid card and the company that sells it provide a first and last name of the card, usually the name of the bank/company that sells it. You just had to put those "names" in the filling form and everything works smothly ^^' 

2 hours ago, wathou said:

That's not quiete true i'm using a Prepaid card and the company that sells it provide a first and last name of the card, usually the name of the bank/company that sells it. You just had to put those "names" in the filling form and everything works smothly ^^' 

Tried that - didn't work. I called the company issuing the card and other than saying "Gift Card Recipient", no 'name' exists. Possibly it depends on the gift card (or the country you are from).  But the bigger concern is the fraud (as I see it) of RLC (or SegPay) selling membership information and/or doing something with that info that directly or indirectly causes fraudulent charges on your credit card.  

All I'm saying is if you use SegPay and/or you are an RLC member, review your credit/debit card statements often for false charges.