Serious warning

I even talked to the Police in My jurisdiction about these type of Scams. The Officer told me that there are plenty that get tricked into this type of thing and some have gotten fleeced for Thousands of Dollars. He also said a lot of the ones that have gotten scammed never even bother to call the Police to report it as they are to embarrassed to do so. Not very much the Police can do about it anyways except get a Report of what happened.  If you can cancel your Credit Card or Debit Card whichever is used soon enough the Scammer can't get the Payment. If they do happen to get payment they'll fleece you for more than what they tell you it costs.

Another Nefarious one is the Pop Up that shows your Flash Player is out of date. Clicking that will infect your machine as well. 

So if you get a Page Pop Up with something from Microsoft and a Recorded Message saying your Computer is infected and instruct you to call a Toll Free Number it's a Scam.To get rid of it just bring up your Task Manager and close all the Browser Windows. If it does not let you access the Task Manager just press the Power Button on the Computer and Shut it down. Then Restart from a Cold Boot that will get rid of it and save yourself a Costly Headache.

That's one of the Main Reasons we no longer allow Video Links from any Third Party Video Hosting Sites that have Recorded Videos.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1