Games & Recreation for Gentlemen & Ladies

28 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Harely: I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to catch that. Not long, evidently. Too bad you weren't around to warn Wild Bill about that hand.

LOL....that's true Mr. Squirrel, poor Wild Bill.  I've been in some pretty heated games of poker in my life and can see how things get out of hand.  The last Texas HoldEm party I was at got down to myself and one other lady and it went on and on for quite awhile.  Finally, after what seemed for ever, I asked her if she would like to split the take and it pissed a couple of dudes off big time.  I looked at the host of the poker party and told him to either do something about them or I was.  Needless to say, those two have never been back to any of his poker parties as far as I know.

I can't hand the stress of playing poker if money is involved anymore. Besides, one of my sons wipes the floor with me every time. He's damn scary good at it. (My other son always beats me at billiards, dammit.)

Now, I play cribbage, every day mostly. It's a benefit of early retirement. Now, I just have to improve my shuffleboard skills for my later when I can no longer add to 15.

Some cool cat member dressed as an espionage agent posted this in the Leora/Paul section. Probably because he wants to see Leora posing on the table. If any of you can identify this as a true snooker table (we think it's for Russian Pyramid), let us know. I think it's full-length specifically for snooker, but possibly not (can't measure the size of the balls or pockets. But it's heavy duty 8-legged structure suggests there is a good 11-12 feet of heavy Italian slate on top of it, which is indicative of a luxury full-sized snooker table.

Tromping around the Internet, I found this English site in which there are snooker tables with these characteristics. Anybody wishing to add anything, let me know. I'm only familiar with 9-ball and 8-ball pool.

https://www.hamiltonbilliards.com/snooker-tables.html

Here's the original dream machine that he posted:

senator-russian_pyramid_snooker_pool_tables_rqgg.jpg..jpg

Foamy,I posted the image in reference to another post.Here is the link to the web site. I know zero about Russian Snooker/Pyramid. It seems reading about them they may use the same table for both games, but maybe not. I am hoping someone familiar can inform this dummy :confused:

Russian Pyramid Billiards Snooker Pool Tables

www.russiansnooker.com
Russian Pyramid Snooker Pool Billiard Table. BILIJARDAI

JD007 -- I know that an "official" snooker table has certain different design characteristics, but certainly all the versions of snooker can be played on any billiard table. I've asked anyone familiar with the game to help us with it. I'm only set up for 8 & 9 ball on my table, but I certainly wouldn't mind learning snooker.

That site you suggested has many fine choices. I think we should ask Leora which one she thinks would go well in our CamCaps Old Dude's Billiard Parlor. Our current official CamCaps pool table has seen better days:

CamCaps official pool table..jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I can't hand the stress of playing poker if money is involved anymore. Besides, one of my sons wipes the floor with me every time. He's damn scary good at it. (My other son always beats me at billiards, dammit.)

Now, I play cribbage, every day mostly. It's a benefit of early retirement. Now, I just have to improve my shuffleboard skills for my later when I can no longer add to 15.

Poker is a very stressful game no matter how you cut the cards!!  I play a lot of Euchre and shoot a lot of pool (mainly 9 ball) when I'm at my brothers house.  There are a lot of us and we either play cutthroat or 9 ball.....makes the games go by much faster!!   I've never played cribbage, don't know anything about it, but maybe it is something I need to check in to!!

1 hour ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Some cool cat member dressed as an espionage agent posted this in the Leora/Paul section. Probably because he wants to see Leora posing on the table. If any of you can identify this as a true snooker table (we think it's for Russian Pyramid), let us know. I think it's full-length specifically for snooker, but possibly not (can't measure the size of the balls or pockets. But it's heavy duty 8-legged structure suggests there is a good 11-12 feet of heavy Italian slate on top of it, which is indicative of a luxury full-sized snooker table.

Tromping around the Internet, I found this English site in which there are snooker tables with these characteristics. Anybody wishing to add anything, let me know. I'm only familiar with 9-ball and 8-ball pool.

https://www.hamiltonbilliards.com/snooker-tables.html

Here's Jimbo's original dream machine that he posted:

senator-russian_pyramid_snooker_pool_tables_rqgg.jpg..jpg  0   104.26 kB

It looks like a regulation snooker table to me.  I played it a little bit when I went to the UK but never played it in the states.

22 minutes ago, JD007 said:

Foamy,I posted the image in reference to another post.Here is the link to the web site. I know zero about Russian Snooker/Pyramid. It seems reading about them they may use the same table for both games, but maybe not. I am hoping someone familiar can inform this dummy :confused:

Russian Pyramid Billiards Snooker Pool Tables

www.russiansnooker.com
Russian Pyramid Snooker Pool Billiard Table. BILIJARDAI

Wish I could help you with this but I am lost.....sorry

10 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

JD007 -- I know that an "official" snooker table has certain different design characteristics, but certainly all the versions of snooker can be played on any billiard table. I've asked anyone familiar with the game to help us with it. I'm only set up for 8 & 9 ball on my table, but I certainly wouldn't mind learning snooker.

I'll take straight 8 and 9 ball any day!!  Sorry, but that is what I grew up with and all I know.