Guest View Limits Removed

Admin

I have removed guest view limits for the site until further notice. Previously, you were only allowed to view 8 threads before you were forced to login. Initially this was done to encourage more signups and thus more participation. However, after taking a closer look at some of the traffic patterns it is clear that the guest view limits were negatively affecting traffic to the site. For example the amount of new visitors to the site is up significantly from last year, yet the amount of page views is down. 

- A 

• Upvote 3

Your wisdom is always appreciated, kind sir. Perhaps this will help the welcome committee.

We always have flowers, discount coupons for the local stores, and hints about pizza places available from the Welcome Wagon. We aim to serve. ::)

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Admin said:

I have removed guest view limits for the site until further notice. Previously, you were only allowed to view 8 threads before you were forced to login. Initially this was done to encourage more signups and thus more participation. However, after taking a closer look at some of the traffic patterns it is clear that the guest view limits were negatively affecting traffic to the site. For example the amount of new visitors to the site is up significantly from last year, yet the amount of page views is down. 

- A 

Back when I used to forget my own password to my CC account,,,this used to really be a pain in the ass whenever I tried to view as a guest on my phone or tablet,,,, 8 threads and a time limit didn't really give a guest too much of an opportunity to see this site and what it had to offer,,,,you had to limit yourself as to what page you clicked on, while all the time worrying when your Credit was gonna expire lol:angel:

Then you had to do that long wait until you could log back in again,,that was no fun at all,,,,So a big thank you to the Admin for taking the limit off at least for now::)

All that a guest needs to know is that Registered Members have more fun. And Premium Members, well, it's just a different world we don't talk about much. What happens in Premium, stays in Premium.

Kinda sorta.

We're here to have cheap fun and to enjoy the conversation and share. That's my opinion of this place.

• Upvote 1